Unfair Labor Practice Strikers..... us?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You're in Trump's America now.
giphy.gif
LOL

OrionsBitch

Not...
We will never get back to where we were pure service providers and the rank and file and the customer were the priority.
Customers don't really care. They don't care if their driver is dirty or if the truck is unwashed or if the driver is polite...all they care about is whether or not their package gets delivered.

That's why people love the Amazon 1hr delivery. They get their stuff faster. They don't care if it was delivered by a meth head in a minivan. We live in a gotta have it now society. If you can provide fast and convenient service nothing else matters.

Local 705 for life

Well I guess I have been off the street to long but I can remember when customer give us there other service provider volume because of some the relationship that were established with the rank and file. We even had a awards program that played us for additional volume from success with customer relationship. And we more like business development. But people and things change.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Well I guess I have been off the street to long but I can remember when customer give us there other service provider volume because of some the relationship that were established with the rank and file. We even had a awards program that played us for additional volume from success with customer relationship. And we more like business development. But people and things change.
I'm not saying I like how it is today, I'm just saying. E-commerce took a special service and turned it into something that is expected. Just like breathing air.

Local 705 for life

I'm not saying I like how it is today, I'm just saying. E-commerce took a special service and turned it into something that is expected. Just like breathing air.
Yeah I agree we have experienced growth because the nature of the time. We just have to be who we have always been service providers. The professional of this brown delivery business. I guess am old after all. Lol

Pablo Escobar

Yeah I agree we have experienced growth because the nature of the time. We just have to be who we have always been service providers. The professional of this brown delivery business. I guess am old after all. Lol

I remember the days before amazon got to be as big as they are today. It was a lot more rewarding because what we delivered was volume that People actually wanted to receive from ups. Nowadays I feel like I work for Amazon. And no one cares who delivers it anymore. They just want their stuff. But I guess if amazon pays that’s all that matters. I guess it could be worse and we’d be Amazon’s bitch like the USPS

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I remember the days before amazon got to be as big as they are today. It was a lot more rewarding because what we delivered was volume that People actually wanted to receive from ups. Nowadays I feel like I work for Amazon. And no one cares who delivers it anymore. They just want their stuff. But I guess if amazon pays that’s all that matters. I guess it could be worse and we’d be Amazon’s bitch like the USPS
It does seem like it is going that way. Amazon will eventually cut UPS out and deliver their volume. The way they are growing they will make us look like a Mom and Pop operation in a couple more years.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

exactly! back in the day of catalog ordering receiving a package was exciting because it usually meant it was something special you could not find in stores. so in some way you had some respect for the man that was bringing you that package. dog food delivered cause your lazy just sorta makes ya laugh at the guy who has to deliver it.

Pablo Escobar

It does seem like it is going that way. Amazon will eventually cut UPS out and deliver their volume. The way they are growing they will make us look like a Mom and Pop operation in a couple more years.

I hope your are wrong about us becoming a mom and pop operation But they have grown to big and go fast. They used us and the other carriers to become the well know brand they are today. They will eventually cut us out and I’m ok with that. I personally don’t use amazon anymore. They used us and abused us and now they wanna just do away with us ?? I liked the days before amazon. Glad I’m getting towards the end of my time here with big brown. #lifegoesonafterups

UnconTROLLed

perfection
exactly! back in the day of catalog ordering receiving a package was exciting because it usually meant it was something special you could not find in stores. so in some way you had some respect for the man that was bringing you that package. dog food delivered cause your lazy just sorta makes ya laugh at the guy who has to deliver it.
as I have been saying, may as well drive a garbage truck around

cachmeifucan

What ever happened with the court case when ups was in court trying to get fed ex held to the rail act i think. They are a trucking company how are we going to keep competitive when fedex doesn't pay pension or Amazon our president hates bezos and fedex is a bush clan so maybe we can get fed ex and amazon to unionize

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What ever happened with the court case when ups was in court trying to get fed ex held to the rail act i think. They are a trucking company how are we going to keep competitive when fedex doesn't pay pension or Amazon our president hates bezos and fedex is a bush clan so maybe we can get fed ex and amazon to unionize

Wut?

cachmeifucan

Ups was taking the government or someone fed ex I'm not sure so that they are governed by the rail act I'm pretty sure I threw it out here because someone on here knows