Make the Teamsters dangerous again

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It will cost almost $400 a week to keep the insurance. Panic is setting in. No wonder they held off telling everyone.

They shouldn't need to tell you. You should have known that from the beginning. It's your insurance.

I disagree. They should inform the membership. Most do not know the inner workings of the insurance plans administration.

If they have to use COBRA so what ..450 dollars a week for the same coverage, the International's strike fund check should cover it for that week and any other that follows...

Does L177 have their own individual strike fund on top of the Internationals?

Back in "97" no one was worried about their Health and Welfare, most of us knew that the International was close to being bankrupt...We did not get a check from the Union till the second week (55 Dollars), by then the strike was almost over. In my building we only had two that crossed only on the first day. The Company had their managers and supervisors called our homes asking why we were not at work. Actually heard somewhere that a package care driver got fired 3 times on the first day. I admit there was a lot of confusion when the strike was called, no one thought it was going to happen..there was no practicing picket lines...Hell on the first day I showed up and our Strike Captain didn't even know were to set up. The only experience most of us had was that one day strike back in "94", I was already in the building on the clock when Carey called it...from my understanding there were a lot of locals that did not strike over the over 150 pound weight increase, most of them were ran by big Hoffa supporters, who were still mad that he got into Office..

One thing for certain the Company was pissed... :cigarsmoker: I believe they even tried to sue...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Are you satisfied with our reps? I’m 406 as well and I think we have tits on a boar for reps. Have only seen them twice since covid and they side with management every time. Very arrogant and loopy with us when we push back on their lack of
Run for office next time
Vote the bums out

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time to educate yourself
This strike, if we have on will be different if off the bat if folk are worrying about paying COBRA. It makes starving them out easier.

Also watch the company sue the Teamsters for Teamcare overpayment. If the do have a surplus, that may be overpayment.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This strike, if we have on will be different if off the bat if folk are worrying about paying COBRA. It makes starving them out easier.

Also watch the company sue the Teamsters for Teamcare overpayment. If the do have a surplus, that may be overpayment.
Wat? How’s it an overpayment when it’s owed to keep insurance current

Thebrownblob

I don’t disagree with you that it will create people being nervous. Many people did not ever want to be in teamcare, and now they do. Your second part is fantasy.

Thebrownblob

If they have a surplus, two years worth, that could be considered an overpayment of premium.
Wallly you just don’t understand how insurance works L O L. Being a well-managed company that gets great deals for its members and saves money is not an overpayment. It’s called smart business. When someone in the medical industry knows you have teamcare the red carpet rolls out for you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wallly you just don’t understand how insurance works L O L. Being a well-managed company that gets great deals for its members and saves money is not an overpayment. It’s called smart business. When someone in the medical industry knows you have teamcare the red carpet rolls out for you.
I know how lawyers work. They will argue its the company's money. Perhaps a judge will agree or modify payments?