Make the Teamsters dangerous again

Thebrownblob

If they have that much, why are you guys paying deductibles?
Because they’re a business? Costs go up and down all the time that money could evaporate depending on the health industry anytime. The people in charge of teamcare have a fiduciary obligation to save as much money as possible. In the case of a strike they clearly see that we are the income and without us there won’t be a teamcare for Long. I have no complaints about teamcare. They’ve even added services while keeping our cost down because they are so well managed. I wish our pension would’ve had the same care.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Because they’re a business? Costs go up and down all the time that money could evaporate depending on the health industry anytime. The people in charge of teamcare have a fiduciary obligation to save as much money as possible. In the case of a strike they clearly see that we are the income and without us there won’t be a teamcare for Long.
If Teamcare is so flushed with cash, why not pass the savings to its members?

Because they’re a business? Costs go up and down all the time that money could evaporate depending on the health industry anytime. The people in charge of teamcare have a fiduciary obligation to save as much money as possible. In the case of a strike they clearly see that we are the income and without us there won’t be a teamcare for Long. I have no complaints about teamcare. They’ve even added services while keeping our cost down because they are so well managed. I wish our pension would’ve had the same care.
If they can cover the premiums for that many members for two plus years, the money they save with deductibles is a non-issue.

542thruNthru

This strike, if we have on will be different if off the bat if folk are worrying about paying COBRA. It makes starving them out easier.

Also watch the company sue the Teamsters for Teamcare overpayment. If the do have a surplus, that may be overpayment.
If you work the 31st you'll have benefits for that first week.

Everyone knew a strike was possible. They should have been talking with their doctors to move appointments and get prescriptions filled early. It's not hard.

Karma...

the teamsters are not an international union......ups is an international company.......canada and America are located next to each other on the same continent.thus not international.

Thebrownblob

Sounds like premium overpayment.
The company pays the amount that is negotiated. Clearly if it was to go on two years teamcare would be bankrupt so it would be a moot point. But it does demonstrate that we are very well covered for a very long time, if necessary, which hopefully it’s not.

Wally

If you work the 31st you'll have benefits for that first week.

Everyone knew a strike was possible. They should have been talking with their doctors to move appointments and get prescriptions filled early. It's not hard.
Why you saying that? Stop coddling the membership.

Trucker Clock

Thanks for the help.

Thumbs up.jpg

Wally

The company pays the amount that is negotiated. Clearly if it was to go on two years teamcare would be bankrupt so it would be a moot point. But it does demonstrate that we are very well covered for a very long time, if necessary, which hopefully it’s not.
If I'm the company I sue to freeze those assets in the event of a strike.