Uniform grievance--part 2

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well I got my grievance back from the union hall, and my BA added Article 23 of the WRSA onto it. I had only grieved Art 16 which pertains to uniforms, but Art 23 is the "past practice-maintainence of standards" article which might help as far as the quality of the uniforms is concerned. Since it was a past practice for the 20+ years I have been driving to issue unforms that don't fall apart, I am hoping that Art 23 will compel the company to address the quality of the uniforms as well as issuing enough of them. My BA said he would try to schedule a meeting with our Division labor manager later this week. Until then, I will keep re-washing the only 2 pair of wearable shorts that I have left and hope that they hold up until we are able to pry a few more pairs out of our finance manager's tightly puckered ass.

brownrodster

Until then, I will keep re-washing the only 2 pair of wearable shorts that I have left and hope that they hold up until we are able to pry a few more pairs out of our finance manager's tightly puckered ass.

Just do what I do. REfuse to wash them. Hope they fall apart. Wear non uniform items to work and refuse to wear clothing that is not the proper size.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Are you guys getting your crappy uniforms from Twin Hill? I liked the Riverside stuff much better myself. I wore my shorts for 2 months, taking good care of them and keeping them hiked up where they belong, and the crotch still tore on them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What was the out come of this Grievance?
I had almost forgotten about this one!

The grievance was settled and withdrawn. The company agreed to comply with Art 16 and fill my uniform requests in a timely manner. They have been doing so, as long as I turn in the defective items when I recieve the new ones. The process is still a bit slower than it should be, but I can live with it. I have turned in and had replaced 6 pair of shorts in the last 8 weeks, with 3 more pair on the way. My BA advised me that the quality issue isnt really grievable, as long as the company keeps supplying me with new replacements.

reydluap

My BA advised me that the quality issue isnt really grievable, as long as the company keeps supplying me with new replacements.

Well dam*!!

I was hoping some how, some thing could be done with this CHEAP,OFF COLOR uniform that UPS provides now a days. Pants two sizes too small at the waist and legs that are baggy. And they things are off green in color.

I'm about to go to the department store and buy some brown pants on my own that fit. Don't say to exchange these pants......I've been doing that.

We need RIVERSIDE UNIFORMS back!!!!! TWIN HILL uniforms are a joke!!

CRASH501

WELL SINCE THE LAST WEEK OF JUNE I HAVE PACKED ON ABOUT " 30 POUNDS " WELL FOR OVER A MONTH I HAVE BEEN REQUESTING UNIFORMS , AS I TOLD MANAGEMENT I WOULD CONTINUE TO WEAR SHORTS AS LONG AS I COULD TOLERATE THE COLD......WELL HERE WE ARE TOMORROW IS DECEMBER 1st AND NOTHING.
I HAVE RECIEVED 3 PAIRS OF PANTS BUT.....
THEY WERE 3 SIZES TOO SMALL. AND 4 INCHES TOO LONG
UNTIL LAST WEEK THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT HAD US ON A LOCKDOWN NO UNIFORM ORDERS AT ALL .....
SO I WEAR JEANS TO WORK FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS BLACK , BLUE , CARPENTER , CARGO'S WHATEVER I CHOOSE TO WORK IN THAT DAY.
THIS JUST GETS MORE INTERESTING BY THE DAY

UnconTROLLed

perfection
WELL SINCE THE LAST WEEK OF JUNE I HAVE PACKED ON ABOUT " 30 POUNDS " WELL FOR OVER A MONTH I HAVE BEEN REQUESTING UNIFORMS , AS I TOLD MANAGEMENT I WOULD CONTINUE TO WEAR SHORTS AS LONG AS I COULD TOLERATE THE COLD......WELL HERE WE ARE TOMORROW IS DECEMBER 1st AND NOTHING.
I HAVE RECIEVED 3 PAIRS OF PANTS BUT.....
THEY WERE 3 SIZES TOO SMALL. AND 4 INCHES TOO LONG
UNTIL LAST WEEK THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT HAD US ON A LOCKDOWN NO UNIFORM ORDERS AT ALL .....
SO I WEAR JEANS TO WORK FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS BLACK , BLUE , CARPENTER , CARGO'S WHATEVER I CHOOSE TO WORK IN THAT DAY.
THIS JUST GETS MORE INTERESTING BY THE DAY

STOP YELLING and eat more fruit

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was hoping some how, some thing could be done with this CHEAP,OFF COLOR uniform that UPS provides now a days. Pants two sizes too small at the waist and legs that are baggy. And they things are off green in color.

Its so funny that UPS even patented the brown color used on our trucks. I believe it is UPS brown, changed from Pullman brown. To have uniforms that don't resemble the color you paid the gov't to patent is unfortunate. When your hat, jacket, and pants are 3 different shades, you begin to wonder how far the company has gone since going public.

I'll give DHL credit, At least all their drivers wear the same shade of Mustard.

New Englander

Its so funny that UPS even patented the brown color used on our trucks. I believe it is UPS brown, changed from Pullman brown. To have uniforms that don't resemble the color you paid the gov't to patent is unfortunate. When your hat, jacket, and pants are 3 different shades, you begin to wonder how far the company has gone since going public.

I'll give DHL credit, At least all their drivers wear the same shade of Mustard.

I've never once had a customer mention anything about my uniform. It's all brown to them. Other then "Where can I buy the socks?"

Overpaid Union Thug

I might have to file this same grievance pretty soon. Last time I had this problem I just walked by certain people in our center and let them here me talking about filing on this issue and my uniforms arrived a few days later even though I was told our finance department had frozen all orders. I used nosey brownnosers to my advantage. :)