Uniform has gone missing 5 times

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
So I have been trying to order my "default" uniform package. Where they ask me what kind of shirts sizes, shorts, pants, baseball or safari hat, jacket, etc.. This is the 4th or 5th time I've tried to order it. Every time it "disappears". I have been pretty good about going in there often and inquiring about it.

The tell me last week I start my 30 days here in a week, but I only have one shirt and shorts and pants. What if its pouring? I don't have any rain-gear. Do I really get one shirt?

Is there something in the contract that states they have to provided them to me? Or am I just "SOL" until they get them to me?

So I have been trying to order my "default" uniform package. Where they ask me what kind of shirts sizes, shorts, pants, baseball or safari hat, jacket, etc.. This is the 4th or 5th time I've tried to order it. Every time it "disappears". I have been pretty good about going in there often and inquiring about it.

The tell me last week I start my 30 days here in a week, but I only have one shirt and shorts and pants. What if its pouring? I don't have any rain-gear. Do I really get one shirt?

Is there something in the contract that states they have to provided them to me? Or am I just "SOL" until they get them to me?
SOL,till you get them.

Packmule

If they can't get you a full set of uniform accessories, just bring whatever from home. Like I've Gotta Pkg 4U says, put it on after you get out of the building. If someone sees it out there and has a problem, just explain how many times your order has disappeared.
Just dont say something derogatory about that being UPS service just yet! Get past those 30 days first. :)

fres431

Just wear same browns for the week. Let the customers complain tell them ups only provided ya one set of browns. Is do that in a heart beat..they don't wanna supply is the right gear to do out job not our problem

Dweezel

The rain coat is a shell for the winter coat. Atleast in the northeast it is. 3 shirts and 3 pants or shorts 1 belt 1 jacket 1 hat. Fun times.

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I had to wear hand me downs my first couple of weeks. Ask some drivers if they have any old uniforms you can have. I was actually wearing the old school logo for a bit. We have a box where drivers bring their old stuff and chunk it in. I actually get all my stuff from that box.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The rain coat is a shell for the winter coat. Atleast in the northeast it is. 3 shirts and 3 pants or shorts 1 belt 1 jacket 1 hat. Fun times.

Sent using BrownCafe App
3 shirts? You do laundry more than once a week? Granted, I have been known to wear my shorts for more than 1 day, but not my shirt. 5 shirts is a minimum.

oldngray

nowhere special
Standard UPS issue is 3 pants and 5 shirts. Then you add in the seasonal variations such as both long and short sleeved shirts (or shirt jacs) and even long pants have summer and winter thickness you accumulate many uniforms over the years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Standard UPS issue is 3 pants and 5 shirts. Then you add in the seasonal variations such as both long and short sleeved shirts (or shirt jacs) and even long pants have summer and winter thickness you accumulate many uniforms over the years.

"The Employer shall supply both a lightweight uniform for summer and a heavier uniform for winter. Each employee will be issued six (6) pairs of trousers and ten (10) shirts. The employee will be allowed to select his/her choice of shirts and trousers, in any com- bination, from short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, shirt jacs, light trousers and heavy trousers."

The language in the Central Region, is still the same.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

It might be outdated....

But the language, can still require the company to launder the pants.

"The Employer is to schedule the cleaning of the uniform pants so as to assure that each driver has an adequate and serviceable uniform available."

Just as.... management people can be forced to wear name tags.

-Bug-