Buying FedEx express uniforms? Where?

F10N55GAP-EM

Hi guys I'm wondering if I can just buy uniforms myself. After back and forth with my manager for a month now and he keeps saying everything is back ordered.idk if it's true or not but I've literally been working in a faded hand me down shirt and ONE pair of shorts that are HUGE on me that I have to wear with belt.its ridiculous lol! I can't even get a hat either! What's going on!

Anywhere I can just buy it on my own? Somewhere? I googled but can't find. I can't possibly think a multi billion dollar company doesn't have uniforms.im thinking it's a tactic to keep expense down with new hires if they don't make it through.maybe after courier class I'll get the gates to uniforms? Lol.

dezguy

Why would you spend your own money on a uniform the company mandates you have to wear?? Wait it out and use your uniform allowance.

You said it, this is a multi billion dollar company and uniform allowance is part of your compensation package.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hi guys I'm wondering if I can just buy uniforms myself. After back and forth with my manager for a month now and he keeps saying everything is back ordered.idk if it's true or not but I've literally been working in a faded hand me down shirt and ONE pair of shorts that are HUGE on me that I have to wear with belt.its ridiculous lol! I can't even get a hat either! What's going on!

Anywhere I can just buy it on my own? Somewhere? I googled but can't find. I can't possibly think a multi billion dollar company doesn't have uniforms.im thinking it's a tactic to keep expense down with new hires if they don't make it through.maybe after courier class I'll get the gates to uniforms? Lol.
Chances are your manager is lying. He is just blowing smoke just to make station budget for several reasons, he may qualify for a bonus or his butt is on the line and he needs to look good on paper.

Remember if a manager’s lips are moving, yep, they’re lying.

Star B

White Lightening

Express or Ground?
If it's Express, it's all kinda in the air right now because they got rid of the ordering backend and everyone is transitioning to the new system.

!Retired!

Doesn't your station have a room for uniforms? Ours had so much stuff, I think it could have outfitted 3/4 of the station. A LOT of it was new stuff (wrong size ordered, people leave, etc). I always wore a belt. Where else would you put your LEO/powerpad?

AB831

Walk around in your boxers and tell them that the only pair of pants they supplied you don't fit.

AB831

Chances are your manager is lying. He is just blowing smoke just to make station budget for several reasons, he may qualify for a bonus or his butt is on the line and he needs to look good on paper.

Remember if a manager’s lips are moving, yep, they’re lying.
"I'll have that tuition reimbursement done by Monday" was my favorite one.

whenIgetthere

Wear blue jeans with the uniform shirt. Report the situation to corporate. Solution will materialize quickly.
A few years ago, most of my uniforms were covered in sweat stains holes after years of use. When DM was in station, my SM asked me why I didn't wear a better uniform that day. I told him these were all I had left, and SAL had my requests for new ones for months. Funny, next day, I had five new shirts and five new pairs of shorts.

F10N55GAP-EM

Walk around in your boxers and tell them that the only pair of pants they supplied you don't fit.
Yeah I did this.i just came to work in jeans and nobody told me anything because they know I have been asking over a month for uniforms.they rather let me work in jeans than supply me with uniform lol.sad.no word yet on it either

F10N55GAP-EM

A few years ago, most of my uniforms were covered in sweat stains holes after years of use. When DM was in station, my SM asked me why I didn't wear a better uniform that day. I told him these were all I had left, and SAL had my requests for new ones for months. Funny, next day, I had five new shirts and five new pairs of shorts.
I will keep trying to wear jeans or maybe yet bolder like some.bleach white sweats or jeans lol

F10N55GAP-EM

Doesn't your station have a room for uniforms? Ours had so much stuff, I think it could have outfitted 3/4 of the station. A LOT of it was new stuff (wrong size ordered, people leave, etc). I always wore a belt. Where else would you put your LEO/powerpad?
Dude, idk what's going on I had my zebra holster from my last job ( food service with Sysco) and I brought it over.they never even gave me a holster how was I suppose to work lol.what a mess.imldk what's going on maybe I should escalate it to senior management.

F10N55GAP-EM

Dude, idk what's going on I had my zebra holster from my last job ( food service with Sysco) and I brought it over.they never even gave me a holster how was I suppose to work lol.what a mess.imldk what's going on maybe I should escalate it to senior management.
That's exactly what my manager said. "Just wear a belt" .his solution to giving 38" waist shorts to a skinny lanky dude like myself that wears 30-32. C'mon man.

F10N55GAP-EM

"I'll have that tuition reimbursement done by Monday" was my favorite one.
The funniest part is when I first sat down with the recruiter for paperwork, drug test etc, I checked a bunch of boxes of the full uniform and sizes I was suppose to get, rain gear,holster,belts,shorts,fleece jacket,vest. ALL THAT SH** WAS A GIMMICK LOL

F10N55GAP-EM

I feel like I'm too new to be escalating stuff.maybe face backlash from management.risky