Uniform Plot!

over9five

Staff member
Has anyone noticed your new uniforms are getting really cheap?

First it was the new style socks where the stuck-on UPS logos fall off the second time you wear them. Remember the old style where the logos were embroidered on? That was professional.

Now I notice the new shirts just aren't right. The top of the shirt, between the top button and the collar folds inward no matter how many times you adjust it out.

Anyhow, I've decide this is a plot. It's nearing the end of the contract...... and I believe......

UPS is making the uniforms look bad........

.....so WE look bad!

You see, UPS Teamsters had huge public support during the last negotiations (and strike). This time, UPS is starting early to send out these subliminal messages......

The public will SEE these ugly uniforms, and it won't really register, but they will begin to think.... "These drivers are bad, evil people!"...

It's sooooooo obvious!

Isn't it?

You all agree with me, right????

kjfhkfhuwiyfgOVER9FIVE843724hghISdjdkfjsdkALWAYS89443f9yeRIGHT

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The uniforms we used to have were made by Ga. Rivers where I am at. We have a new vender now, Twin Hill, and the uniforms are made in China. They don't fit as well as they used too. They are cheaper of course. I thought we had something in the Contract that said we were supposed to wear union-made? What happened to that? :confused:1

aspenleaf

First it was the new style socks where the stuck-on UPS logos fall off the second time you wear them. Remember the old style where the logos were embroidered on? That was professional.

Now I notice the new shirts just aren't right. The top of the shirt, between the top button and the collar folds inward no matter how many times you adjust it out.

Anyhow, I've decide this is a plot. It's nearing the end of the contract...... and I believe......

.....so WE look bad!

You see, UPS Teamsters had huge public support during the last negotiations (and strike). This time, UPS is starting early to send out these subliminal messages......

The public will SEE these ugly uniforms, and it won't really register, but they will begin to think.... "These drivers are bad, evil people!"...

It's sooooooo obvious!

Isn't it?

Yes, I have noticed that the driver in my hood looks a little seedy. Now I know it is the ill fitting uniform! :tongue_sm

area43

I agree, 9/5. Whats all those bunched up letters and numbers at the bottom of your post? Is it some secret sublinmal mind controlling message.

hoser

Industrial Slob
the reason why the new ones have the glue-on is for brand control and we all know how much ups obsesses over brand control.

it's hard to mimick the text, shape and color through embroidery. while the old ups logo was one color, the new one has quite a few shades of color.

like any product, the first few releases will always suck.

and over9/5, i thought we told you not to come on here after your pint of whiskey :D

pkgdriver

The uniforms we used to have were made by Ga. Rivers where I am at. We have a new vender now, Twin Hill, and the uniforms are made in China. They don't fit as well as they used too. They are cheaper of course. I thought we had something in the Contract that said we were supposed to wear union-made? What happened to that? :confused:1

My new shorts received a month ago are from Cintas. 65% polyester/35% cotton. Made in Egypt. Fit is a bit different from the shorts weve had since we were allowed to wear shorts.

Raw

Raw Member

.....so WE look bad!

It's sooooooo obvious!

Isn't it?

Yup! I had to turn in all of my new logo shirts because they were all ripped down the front of the shirt next to the buttons, about a foot long rip, all in the same place! I am now wearing my old logo but better made shirts! :lol:

dillweed

I've always had trouble with the collars on my shirts, they seem sort of stiff and permanently wrinkled. Was asked to drive one day after the sort when I didn't have a clean shirt in my locker so borrowed one off the rack in the bathroom. Had the olympic torch or something on it but man, was it soft and nice.

Don't know what these things are made of but had to walk through a snow drift last winter and feared cold, wet legs. Never happened. The pants just repelled the snow and water.

If they are cheapening the uniforms it's to save money so the big guys can buy new duds for the 100th anniversary. Can't have the brass looking tacky. At least that's my theory. dw

DorkHead

Yea, I`m with you. I`ve noticed that when I wear my old style cotton polo uniform shirts my customers constantly ask me for some I.D.!!

JustTired

free at last.......
Anybody remember this........
Back when we were on paper (yes...I'm that old), I had a new cap and it was raining like you wouldn't believe. When I got to the front door of this house under a porch roof, I looked down at the clipboard and it was dripping brown all over the paper. When I got back to the truck, I looked in the mirror and had brown streaks down the side of my face. Now that's quality!!

By the way...new to this board....some may know me from elsewhere.....glad to be here.

JT

hoser

Industrial Slob
Back when we were on paper (yes...I'm that old), I had a new cap and it was raining like you wouldn't believe. When I got to the front door of this house under a porch roof, I looked down at the clipboard and it was dripping brown all over the paper. When I got back to the truck, I looked in the mirror and had brown streaks down the side of my face. Now that's quality!!

By the way...new to this board....some may know me from elsewhere.....glad to be here.

JT

good to have you :thumbup1:

over9five

Staff member
"Is it some secret sublinmal mind controlling message."

You mean this??

kjfhkfhuwiyfgOVER9FIVE843724hghISdjdkfjsdkALWAYS89 443f9yeRIGHT

Not that I noticed. I think the cat ran over my keyboard.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

JT

Welcome to the Brown Cafe, Just Tired. Yes, I remember those days of brown dye running down my face in a thunderstorm and trying to write on wet Delivery Records. I also remember reading some of your posts from "elsewhere", there are a few of the same folks here.:wink:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
the uniforms suck and are hard to get wrinkles out of, need to go to ebay and buy some old ones:wink:
And they always wear out in the chest, and I get big long slits where my info notices are held.
And they are built for chinese, the womens large would not have fit me when I was 12.