Union Dues???

sillyputty

Mine come out every week, but when it used to be monthly it was always different on months where there are 5 Fridays in the month- five pay periods instead of 4. I think it's a computer system thing probably. Even with the weekly deduction, we skip a week on the 5 Friday months. If that makes sense?

Mine is electronically posted (direct deposit)on Thursday mornings with a memo * , so I know it isn't really credited to my account until on minute past midnight on Friday morning.

Skippy262

This has been a subject for a long time for me. I have been filing grievances over the company depositing the paychecks on Friday.Payday is on Thursday the Union continues to ignor the grievances that the company is bouncing the direct deposit persons paychecks everyweek.

I can't understand how all of the people who have direct deposit allow the company to not pay them on payday. They are using our money and making money with it. Even if it's only 24hrs they are still using your money.

When are you people going to wakeup.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did anyone else have their union dues taken out this week? Do you know why they came out a week early?:angry:
OUR DUES ARE DONE MONTHLY.
Always on the next check from whenever the first of the month falls.
However the agreement between the local & ups has a delay factor on just when the funds change hands.
The only time dues would be taken out early would be on a vacation week check.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This has been a subject for a long time for me. I have been filing grievances over the company depositing the paychecks on Friday.Payday is on Thursday the Union continues to ignor the grievances that the company is bouncing the direct deposit persons paychecks everyweek.

I can't understand how all of the people who have direct deposit allow the company to not pay them on payday. They are using our money and making money with it. Even if it's only 24hrs they are still using your money.

Our supplement states that payroll checks have to given out by noon on Friday. Most receive them on Thursday.
I have never had any problems with direct deposit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps you are the one who needs the wake up call. Pay checks are available on Thursday but are not in your account until Friday because Friday is payday. The only change that I am aware of is we get vacation check(s) 2 weeks prior to going on vacation.

drewed

Shankman
Our supplement states that payroll checks have to given out by noon on Friday. Most receive them on Thursday.
I have never had any problems with direct deposit.

agreed, all the checks ive ever seen for ups are dated on fridays, and if you go onto upers your paychecks go by fridays.....

but on the actual subject, when i was in the union we have our hourlie dues taken out every week but sometimes wed go 2 or 3 months at a time wo union dues being taken out so a month straigh wed have 20 dollars taken out

we get paid thursday nite by midnight, but does not post until friday am by like 7 or 8 am, bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:, but whatcha gonna do, at least we are getting paid. i feel ya skippy.

J

JonFrum

My New England Supplement says, payday is not later than noon Friday. [Article 50]

Why don't you quote the exact language of your Supplement so we can all see the basis of your claim.

PS
Anyone remember Skippy from months ago when he tried to make everyone believe only actual "hours worked" counted on our paychecks, not total paid hours?

When I started 23 years ago I was told Friday was payday but we could pickup our checks Thursday night. However we could not deposit them until Friday because the money wasn't in the bank until then. I've never read in the contract when the official payday is because one day doesn't make a difference to me.

A

Anonymous Knot

For those who deduct monthly the deduction targets the second paycheck of the month, as a curtesy, because for most people mortgage or rent is due the 1st of the month. So UPS takes it out as late as possible while still getting the funds in time to forward it to the union before their deadline. Payroll plays hot potato and forwards the funds to the Union right away. PS, first time visitor to this website. Hi, guys!!

My paycheck is always dated on a friday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

... They are using our money and making money with it. Even if it's only 24hrs they are still using your money.
/quote]

I have brought this point up in other threads but will do so again here. UPS has 2 banks that they use for payroll--one on the East Coast from which it pays its' West Coast employees and one of the West Coast from which it pays its' East Coast employees. UPS makes money off of the interest that is generated during the time that the checks take to go through the system, also known as the float.

Payday is Friday. Checks are available for viewing online and in the centers on Thursday. Vacation checks are now paid to the employee 2 weeks in advance. Union dues usually are taken out of the 2nd paycheck of the month for the reasons noted in earlier posts.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you want to make sure you know when union dues are being taken out, I have an idea. Send a check to the local monthly instead of having dues checkoff. That way YOU control the transfer of funds. Not UPS. Not the union. I have done this for years and never have to wonder when dues are taken out of check, if they take to much or too little(ha), and never have to figure out whose fault it is. I have it set up electronically so we do not have to physically write a check and mail it. Works well for me.