Union Dues???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a couple of drivers who do the same thing and it works well for them as well in that they control the day that the funds are forwarded. I think one does a check while the other does EFT.

A

Anonymous Knot

Hmmm, juicy idea, we write the check to the union. Worth considering. Whoa, wait a minute, what if we miss the payment. You know, my credit card can be brutal when I skip. While we're talking, though, just how much money do you think is generated from one day's interest on those union dues? You seem to have put some thought into this. But honestly, If I had one month's worth of union dues in my account for one extra day, it wouldn't even earn me one extra red cent in interest. We're talking really low bank rates. And I'm still thinking about this, and it occurred to me, would it even be physically possible to forward union dues in less than 24 hours. Don't they, like, finish payroll late in the day,... whatever day they do it, and then like check it the next morning to see how much actually deducted? Then, even if they did send it out in less than 24 hours, the union still has to get around to cashing the check, which I believe we deliver. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble so much. Just got started.

Bsullivan

My paycheck doesn't go into my bank account till friday. I've always wondered why? and asked people i work with and they all said their checks go in on Thursday. its bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
At my center which is in NY but falls under the North Jersey District Union due are taken the first FULL week of each month with exception of initiation fees which are deducted weekly as for pay checks we are paid on Thursday for paper checks and direct deposit is paid out on Friday morning sometime around 6am est but our checks can be viewed online at UPSers on Wednesdays its a very complex situation I believe pay days vary by region

tritese

tritese
your direct deposit depends on the bank, we have a popular credit union in town that will post checks on thursday night but my credit union doesn't post until friday morning. what's a few hours.....and union dues are taken out every week