Union is done

Big Bad Wolf

Upstate, I have learned to just disagree with your entire thought process. You and I have different views on just about everything. No bad feelings, just think it is just the way you Northern people are.
So your calling all southerners stupid?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

ote="Photog, post: 1314076, member: 7966"]Ouch![/quote]
Its a southern thang. I type like I sound when I talk lol lol lol lol.

HBGPreloader

Just let UPS give you what they want, no votes anymore because they don't matter anyway with spineless Union leadership..In fact lets not give raises but give back some of your hourly wages. How does that sound? Ups is causing division amongst the Union, it is working because as I have read on a lot of subjects on the board, most are concerned about their retro checks instead of the sad shape of the Union which was stronger in the past. Now just a watered down version of Strong leadership that at one time made The Teamsters a power to be reckoned with. Now folding like a house of cards because UPS calls the shots now
The part-timers have been giving back their pay for years. And, in this contract, quite a few, including me, are giving back some benefits too.
But, that's okay because the full timers got what they wanted.
I have to chuckle though because one of the biggest complaints I read here is the lack of decent preloaders. Well, as the saying goes, when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

The part-timers have been giving back their pay for years. And, in this contract, quite a few, including me, are giving back some benefits too.
But, that's okay because the full timers got what they wanted.
I have to chuckle though because one of the biggest complaints I read here is the lack of decent preloaders. Well, as the saying goes, when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
All that the part timers need to do Is vote! Thats the main reason that they get very little. A good majority of the full timers vote, thats why a little more is thrown their way. Just look at the turn out on the national contract! 38% voted

ncupser82

Just let UPS give you what they want, no votes anymore because they don't matter anyway with spineless Union leadership..In fact lets not give raises but give back some of your hourly wages. How does that sound? Ups is causing division amongst the Union, it is working because as I have read on a lot of subjects on the board, most are concerned about their retro checks instead of the sad shape of the Union which was stronger in the past. Now just a watered down version of Strong leadership that at one time made The Teamsters a power to be reckoned with. Now folding like a house of cards because UPS calls the shots now
The irony is its your griping that makes the union weak! Your like minded posters are calling people idiots, stupid, "Forest Gump," and so on...we aren't always going to like what we get, but it beats the alternative! Yes UPS makes a lot of money, but we're the ones making it for them, and without us nothing goes...and you still make a hell of a lot more dough than some engineers, lawyers, architects, and teachers! Furthermore should we ever see the day where UPS tries to take all our benefits or steal away our jobs, I think then we would all be in agreement that we should strike...but striking because you're being switched to Teamcare? Get serious! Calling this the end times because of a couple of concessions (if you want to call them that)? Hardly! The division comes from the TDU not the IBT...and just to make it clear, I don't care who sits in the big seat, as long as I can file grievances and hit UPS in the pockets (which isn't too hard because they practically give me a reason to file weekly)!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

What is the point in voting if in the end the union and company do what ever they want. No thanks I will just keep my union dues.

The national contract ratified last July .... Unless you are in a area were one on the local riders wasn't ratified what are you bitching about.

Jas85374

See this is the exact reason of thought that I'm trying to get out of all the PTers heads in my building. I am 6.5 years in and try hard to tell my fellow part timers to vote, and that our issues will matter more if we do. I am sick of free loaders like you, using the union when disciplinary action is upon you, but then being completely ignorant.and inactive in the process. We need to ban together and run this company. If you don't like union, then go work for FedEx or another unorganized company, and tell me how that works for you. Quit trying to lean on "the union" and be the union. We are the union and our pathetic, lazy, inactive members are exactly why the company has the upper hand currently.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
I think most people associate Minnesotans with Canadians, so you are safe.

Unless klein is around.

Good lord---being associated with upstate and Canada in the same week? How low can someone get? Next thing I suppose is to be compared to a moderator.

The Milkman

The irony is its your griping that makes the union weak! Your like minded posters are calling people idiots, stupid, "Forest Gump," and so on...we aren't always going to like what we get, but it beats the alternative! Yes UPS makes a lot of money, but we're the ones making it for them, and without us nothing goes...and you still make a hell of a lot more dough than some engineers, lawyers, architects, and teachers! Furthermore should we ever see the day where UPS tries to take all our benefits or steal away our jobs, I think then we would all be in agreement that we should strike...but striking because you're being switched to Teamcare? Get serious! Calling this the end times because of a couple of concessions (if you want to call them that)? Hardly! The division comes from the TDU not the IBT...and just to make it clear, I don't care who sits in the big seat, as long as I can file grievances and hit UPS in the pockets (which isn't too hard because they practically give me a reason to file weekly)!

Sent using BrownCafe App

You claim you don't care who sits in the big seat, well look at what just happened to them 3 locals. Just line your pockets is all you seem concerned about. What makes the Union weak is when people like you don't stand up and back other members who are fighting for their rights which are being trampled. Maybe in your local a lot of the uninformed voted yes out of fear of a strike.
Maybe you have a few brain cells still thinking clearly, Yes UPS makes a lot of money. How do they make it? From everyone like yourself, If your overtime was cut out and only went to 40 hours weekly I doubt very much you would make as much as lawyers as you claim. I am not upset about teamcare because for your information I will not be on it. And I am not calling it the end times, I am saying that if the pattern continues with these contracts a concession here and a concession there , eventually you won't have much to bargain with. After you put in over 25 -30 years you can look back at the benifits you started with and the benefits you end up with. By then you will grasp what I have been stating all along. And if you care an ounce towards your Union Brother/Sisters futures then you will be by that time warning the younger ones coming up like the Senior Drivers/Clerks/ Feeders/Porters that warned me over 30 years ago.

iruhnman630

What is the point in voting if in the end the union and company do what ever they want. No thanks I will just keep my union dues.
The union sided with the majority vote. The three locals don't see it that way, but the union as a whole voted on the contract and 'yes' got more votes than 'no.'

Elections and votes have consequences.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The irony is its your griping that makes the union weak! The division comes from the TDU not the IBT...and just to make it clear

You obviously don't understand how a 2 party system works, do you?

One party points out the weaknesses of the other party and tells people how they can improve.

When Ron Carey was in office, the Old Guard was 10 times worse than TDU is today. They still controlled a lot of locals and were very loud about anything Carey did.

And for the record, 2 party systems are 1000% better than a 1 party system. 1 party systems tend to be dictatorships.

Big Bad Wolf

You obviously don't understand how a 2 party system works, do you?

One party points out the weaknesses of the other party and tells people how they can improve.

When Ron Carey was in office, the Old Guard was 10 times worse than TDU is today. They still controlled a lot of locals and were very loud about anything Carey did.

And for the record, 2 party systems are 1000% better than a 1 party system. 1 party systems tend to be dictatorships.
There is only 1 party. The Teamster Party. As a former TDU member and Carey supporter, I can assure you TDU does not have OUR best interests at heart. We were told to resist the old guard yet we weren't allowed to question the TDU leadership, especially DL. He didn't like that, not one bit.

Sent using BrownCafe App