Union Politics - Local 952 Leadership Keeping Their Hands Clean Of H-hall Name

Instigator

Paragraphs are your friend.

I don't think "Hoffa and Hall have the biggest fight of their life coming up" because Teamsters United isn't even a legitimate slate. Sylvester and the leaders of the hold out locals that voted down their supplements missed a huge opportunity to capitalize on the anti-Hall sentiment by not even having an accredited candidate for General Secretary Treasurer on their slate.

I've made my opinion on the current administration known on this site before but its hard to take an anti-Hoffa/Hall slate seriously when they're not even running a candidate against Hall out the gate. It's also important to realize that the IBT isn't "only UPS" -- the IBT has approximately 1.2 million members and UPS employs 260,000.
Teamsters United will have a General Secretary Treasurer candidate nominated at the convention to run against hall as well as nominating the rest of the candidates to fill the slate.

Evil

Paragraphs are your friend.

I don't think "Hoffa and Hall have the biggest fight of their life coming up" because Teamsters United isn't even a legitimate slate. Sylvester and the leaders of the hold out locals that voted down their supplements missed a huge opportunity to capitalize on the anti-Hall sentiment by not even having an accredited candidate for General Secretary Treasurer on their slate.

I've made my opinion on the current administration known on this site before but its hard to take an anti-Hoffa/Hall slate seriously when they're not even running a candidate against Hall out the gate. It's also important to realize that the IBT isn't "only UPS" -- the IBT has approximately 1.2 million members and UPS employs 260,000.

The IBT has under 1.3 millionem members and their will be an ST. The ST will cover from the Hoffa camp as will many other officers after the accreditation.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Did UPS business agent GM try collecting signatures from the Laguna yard?

No he did not. Laguna would lynch him for it. We know Wayne the cowboy out of Tustin Center and another steward who don't know anything about the union volunteered for it but that was it. DMcA did not ask one steward in Laguna.

Patrick K has been in contact with TS and FZ, but they don't trust him and will endorse Edgar's delegate slate. They are gonna come out here to endorse him.

WeDon'tForget

This is the first I've heard of two delegate slates running against Patrick K. The reformers have made it clear from day one that they were running a delegate slate and that they are supporting the Teamsters United Slate.

Where's the other delegate slate coming out of? Who's heading it? Why haven't they made contact with Edgar, D or Brown?
When did day one start? This is the first anyone heard that the reformers were going again. Although you just confirmed what most expected and that is that the reformers will again think they have all the support and will listen or work with no one. Then they will put a slate together with an obvious name like Dump Hoffa 2016. Same thing every couple of years.

When will the reformers realize it's time for a new strategy. If it is confirmed that 2 slates will run against PDK you guys have almost certainly sealed your fate. Wake up!!! The incumbents are smiling and laughing at you guys.

Everyone know who the second slate will be consisted of. We know they're talking and if speculations do come to reality these guys and girls will have a decent shot but they too have to realize the mistakes they made in the past.

Just a thought, most BAs at local 952 do not support PK. Try reaching out. Some one from the inside is always good. Settle the differences. Find a middle ground.
Put your egos to the side. Remember, it's about making it better for the members.

WeDon'tForget

No he did not. Laguna would lynch him for it. We know Wayne the cowboy out of Tustin Center and another steward who don't know anything about the union volunteered for it but that was it. DMcA did not ask one steward in Laguna.

Patrick K has been in contact with TS and FZ, but they don't trust him and will endorse Edgar's delegate slate. They are gonna come out here to endorse him.
Perfect example of the tunnel vision I'm talking about. Really? Sylvester will ENDORSE the Edgar slate. He's not Oprah.
You make it seem like Sylvester saying he will supports you will carry you to an easy win. He will obviously say he endorses you because he needs your help and votes.
You clearly don't get it. Its the members of 952 that need to endorse a candidate. Its not all about you.

Evil

The Irishman and his UPS BAs are not telling their members they are supporting Hoffa. I wonder why?

No one knows where the other slate is coming out of. You were the first to mention it.

The reformers are not supporting Ron H, Rick M or Rome A either. Is this other slate you talk about supporting those clowns?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Did UPS business agent GM try collecting signatures from the Laguna yard?

How many signatures has the other slate collected? The reformers working with Richard G and other southern California reformers have gotten over 5,000 signatures for the Teamsters United slate out of LA and OC counties. They are headed to San Diego this weekend.

Has the other slate gotten any signatures? Who is the other slate supporting?

What's gonna be the name of the other slate?

The Silent Bang

How many signatures has the other slate collected? The reformers working with Richard G and other southern California reformers have gotten over 5,000 signatures for the Teamsters United slate out of LA and OC counties. They are headed to San Diego this weekend.

Has the other slate gotten any signatures? Who is the other slate supporting?

What's gonna be the name of the other slate?
Thats good! But signatures and petitions don't vote! Any one could walk by your table and sign a piece of paper, some know what they are signing and some don't even care. And what about all the other crafts in our local?
The players have to be members that are respected and know what they are talking about not a blowhard that only has one thing on his mind.
This is all about the members and not a personal agenda.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Teamsters United will have a General Secretary Treasurer candidate nominated at the convention to run against hall as well as nominating the rest of the candidates to fill the slate.

How am I (or more importantly -- how are the members I represent) supposed to support a slate for international office when we don't even know who the #2 is going to be? We've already seen who's not running (or who was told not to run) this time on the Hoffa/Hall slate. There's absolutely no excuse for Teamsters United to not have an accredited candidate for GST.

I can forgive not running a "full" slate (in general or even in the preliminary stages) but not running anyone against Hall at this stage is a joke.

Last edited:
How am I (or more importantly -- how are the members I represent) supposed to support a slate for international office when we don't even know who the #2 is going to be? We've already seen who's not running (or who was told not to run) this time on the Hoffa/Hall slate. There's absolutely no excuse for Teamsters United to not have an accredited candidate for GST.

I can forgive not running a "full" slate (in general or even in the preliminary stages) but not running anyone against Hall at this stage is a joke.
What's it show you that Fred s wouldn't run for that position?

Evil

The ST will come out after the accreditation. The ST will be an ex Hoffa supporter.

Instigator

I understand your opinion. The election is 15 months off. Teamsters United will have a GST candidate. If you feel that strongly about it I suggest you vote for Hoffa.