Union Politics - Local 952 Leadership Keeping Their Hands Clean Of H-hall Name

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If you truly think that Hoffa/Hall has only a 5% chance of losing than you are delusional. They might have
the money advantage and name recognition but they also have a long record to defend. That record is nothing to brag about. A matter of fact it is something to run away from. Which is why all they do is attack their opponents!!

I have not been everywhere but in the places I have been petitioning (UPS facilities), there is absolutely no backing for Hoffa. Between the concessions in the contracts and the way they handled/dictated the contracts on certain locals has really turned off members. Most dont know of Tim S yet but they do know who is responsible for their current situation. This campaign has only just begun.
Every day more members learn about the Sylvester slate and join the fight. Every day they get reminded who is responsible for the current mess and see that the only way out is to boldly vote to clean house.
Over time, Tim's Slate Teamsters United will fill out. People will notice some familiar names and some unfamiliar names. Either way members are SICK AND TIRED of the mediocrity of our current leadership.

In 1991, members had the opportunity to keep the Old Guard in power. Instead they chose to vote for the lesser known leader from Local 804 who successfully took on UPS and had a positive reputation as a man of integrity and strength. Back then the Old Guard hierarchy was so confident that they had 2 slates running against Ron Carey. I bet they thought Carey had a "5% chance" of winning!! Once again we are at that juncture where the members have to decide whether we are to stay on that weak, mediocre, broke down road to nowhere or we are to take the high road to new leaders with fresh ideas who stand up to UPS and do not DICTATE to its members. The time has come!!
It's simple......If you like what is going on in locals 804 & 251 meaning healthcare,pension and drama.....then the Tim s may be for you

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If you truly think that Hoffa/Hall has only a 5% chance of losing than you are delusional. They might have
the money advantage and name recognition but they also have a long record to defend. That record is nothing to brag about. A matter of fact it is something to run away from. Which is why all they do is attack their opponents!!

I have not been everywhere but in the places I have been petitioning (UPS facilities), there is absolutely no backing for Hoffa. Between the concessions in the contracts and the way they handled/dictated the contracts on certain locals has really turned off members. Most dont know of Tim S yet but they do know who is responsible for their current situation. This campaign has only just begun.
Every day more members learn about the Sylvester slate and join the fight. Every day they get reminded who is responsible for the current mess and see that the only way out is to boldly vote to clean house.
Over time, Tim's Slate Teamsters United will fill out. People will notice some familiar names and some unfamiliar names. Either way members are SICK AND TIRED of the mediocrity of our current leadership.

In 1991, members had the opportunity to keep the Old Guard in power. Instead they chose to vote for the lesser known leader from Local 804 who successfully took on UPS and had a positive reputation as a man of integrity and strength. Back then the Old Guard hierarchy was so confident that they had 2 slates running against Ron Carey. I bet they thought Carey had a "5% chance" of winning!! Once again we are at that juncture where the members have to decide whether we are to stay on that weak, mediocre, broke down road to nowhere or we are to take the high road to new leaders with fresh ideas who stand up to UPS and do not DICTATE to its members. The time has come!!
It's simple......If you like what is going on in locals 804 & 251 meaning healthcare,pension and drama.....then the Tim s may be for you

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Yea but I like me proven leadership that knows what it takes. So people like me gotta go with Hoffa & Hall. Plus we got Sean 0 b r I e n. That's the winning formula.
We know about the drama in those locals..........I just have to find out about the healthcare and pensions in the locals........because if they are running for ibt office they must have the best pensions and healthcare in the country......I just have to see how my Hoffa supporting local compares to the great things these got for there locals

TimeForChange

What's it show you that Fred s wouldn't run for that position?

What it shows me is that Fred would still be able to represent his members full time at Local 89 if he became elected as an International Vice President, because IBT VP is a very part-time job. Plus he could live in his own home. But if Fred was elected as GST, he would have to live in Washington most of the time, since GST is a full time job, and Fred would have to leave his current position, and his members at 89.

Yea but I like me proven leadership that knows what it takes. So people like me gotta go with Hoffa & Hall. Plus we got Sean 0 b r I e n. That's the winning formula.
What it shows me is that Fred would still be able to represent his members full time at Local 89 if he became elected as an International Vice President, because IBT VP is a very part-time job. Plus he could live in his own home. But if Fred was elected as GST, he would have to live in Washington most of the time, since GST is a full time job, and Fred would have to leave his current position, and his members at 89.
So what you are saying is he's kind new lazy and unmotivated.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

So do you think Tim s doesn't care about his members being he's trying to leave them to become GP

TimeForChange

So the ST won't be able to have his name in the teamster magazine?

No. Having no GST on the petitions means the slate won't get 3/4 of a page additional in each TEAMSTER ragazine. But the slate's information in the pages they do get is unlimited, so the slate can include any name, even Huffa and Puffa, which I guess they will.

TimeForChange

So then if I'm wrong, why was someone who never was a BA, an organizer, a Local Union officer, a joint council officer, or an international employee elected as General President?

Uh, oh, the thought police are at work here.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So then if I'm wrong, why was someone who never was a BA, an organizer, a Local Union officer, a joint council officer, or an international employee elected as General President?

Uh, oh, the thought police are at work here.
Because the incumbent in 98 used illegal campaign contributions.

WeDon'tForget

@cheryl is the one to thank for letting us come here and hash and rehash the same things over and over again.
Here's something new to post about. This time don't dodge the question.

Beingloyal is OK but being one track minded/it's my way or the highway attitude type of guy is no better than being a TDUer. Mr TDUer, I get that you are a hoffa supporter. Answer this question though, when ups has been making billions of dollars every year (4 billion just prior to the start of negotiations ), do you think it was OK for Hall to give into any give backs proposed by the company? Big or small. If they would have kept it the same they would have an argument. No doubt that this contract had give backs. Are you OK with that?

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...f-hoffa-hall-name.365786/page-3#ixzz3hursDCK3