Union questions

Dr.Brownz

The only people who need "protection" are the lazy bums who should be fired. Maybe I'll change my mind once I start getting benefits but for now I think I'll stay out of it because I've never given anyone a reason to fire me. Supervisor seem okay.

Yeah I'm sure it's different for you out of the 100,000's of employees at UPS

Dr.Brownz

Started out just being me helping with pick ups or going with a sup to ccver a route during the great recession because UPS didn't want to hire extra drivers. As I gained more and more area and route knowledge, it has gotten to the point where I am a PT cover driver somedays. They also use 22.3 air drivers even more like cover drivers than me. Some of the other PT air drivers saw how much money could be made doing ground work ($500/wk or $2k/wk) they jumped at it. I can see it ending sometime with all of the new 22.4 drivers. About the same time I decide to permanently hang up the DIAD. Delivered LIBs this morning and pick ups for a driver on second day by herself this afternoon and car wash. 12 hours at top driver rate.

YOU ENABLED THEM TO DO THAT

possibleparrot381

Health care benefits take 9 months to go into effect while other benefits take a year while trying to get by on McDonald wages. Don't forget to pay your Union dues and initiation fees. Unless you live in a Republican controlled Right to Work state.
This is precisely why I haven't joined yet after being here a few months. need all the money I can get

bakiii

I have been working in UPS since late October. I know i am considered as a seasonal worker and we do not make it to the union during peak season and stuff like that. But in my hub nobody really talking about union and stuff.
How do i know if and when i make it to the union? Also would like to know when they start calculating my seniority... i received a card in my mail today from UPS from teamster. At the back of the card there is a saying about enrolling to the retirement plan...

PT Car Washer

I have been working in UPS since late October. I know i am considered as a seasonal worker and we do not make it to the union during peak season and stuff like that. But in my hub nobody really talking about union and stuff.
How do i know if and when i make it to the union? Also would like to know when they start calculating my seniority... i received a card in my mail today from UPS from teamster. At the back of the card there is a saying about enrolling to the retirement plan...
I bet they are referring to the 401k plan. You are automatically enrolled in the pension after 5 years.

bakiii

Yes, the first sentence is basically like this :

you will be automatically enrolled in the teamster UPS national 401k tax deferred savings plan after 90 days from your date of hire ...

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
This is precisely why I haven't joined yet after being here a few months. need all the money I can get
You'll get your bennies and justify still not joining because perhaps you want new car or whatever. You've said so little but you strike me as someone who would drive a white jetta.

Pay your dues and don't buy a jetta

542thruNthru

You'll get your bennies and justify still not joining because perhaps you want new car or whatever. You've said so little but you strike me as someone who would drive a white jetta.

Pay your dues and don't buy a jetta
a6a08f2.gif

Parth

Hey guys, a close family relative passed away and I want to fill out the FMLA form while I'm out. My supe says I don't need a link eventhough I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out? (Union #676 NJ)

Indecisi0n

Ah i get it, most of you guys on here are just a bunch of A-Holes sitting on the toilet on company time, when, (I’m guessing most of you are drivers) you should be out delivering them packages, and then go home to your Nagging wife that clearly wants a divorce in about 8 months if they already haven’t divorced you yet due to your pissy attitudes. No common courtesy for the people that are new to UPS. Thanks to the ones that helped. I’m fresh out of high school and found UPS to be a okay start to a career, considering at 14,15,16 and 17 i was working in a coal mine for my grandfather in Thomas, WV. so far, I like UPS and they do treat me fair there.
You pretty much nailed it. Can I build on that as well?
Their soon to be divorced wife hasn’t given them any nookie in months so they hide in the corner and masturbate with their tears. Most haven’t even seen their penis in over a year.

charm299

You pretty much nailed it. Can I build on that as well?
Their soon to be divorced wife hasn’t given them any nookie in months so they hide in the corner and masturbate with their tears. Most haven’t even seen their penis in over a year.
Tears work as a lube? damn, u learn something new everyday

nWo

Yes, the first sentence is basically like this :

you will be automatically enrolled in the teamster UPS national 401k tax deferred savings plan after 90 days from your date of hire ...

We always have people flip out when they see the first check missing 5% or whatever it is.