Union questions

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@PT Car Washer don't get me wrong, do what the Company instructs you to do, cash your checks and sleep soundly.

....just please don't live under the delusion that it is OK or "unavoidable".

I always enjoyed your perspectives and posts, but wholeheartedly disagree with you on this issue.

No offense intended.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Does the company not utilize the progressive discipline procedure for chronic attendance issues ?
Is there a progressive discipline procedure for chronic attendance issues? News to me. What is the definition of chronic? I mean how many absences make you chronic?

@PT Car Washer don't get me wrong, do what the Company instructs you to do, cash your checks and sleep soundly.

....just please don't live under the delusion that it is OK or "unavoidable".

I always enjoyed your perspectives and posts, but wholeheartedly disagree with you on this issue.

No offense intended.
Started out just being me helping with pick ups or going with a sup to ccver a route during the great recession because UPS didn't want to hire extra drivers. As I gained more and more area and route knowledge, it has gotten to the point where I am a PT cover driver somedays. They also use 22.3 air drivers even more like cover drivers than me. Some of the other PT air drivers saw how much money could be made doing ground work ($500/wk or $2k/wk) they jumped at it. I can see it ending sometime with all of the new 22.4 drivers. About the same time I decide to permanently hang up the DIAD. Delivered LIBs this morning and pick ups for a driver on second day by herself this afternoon and car wash. 12 hours at top driver rate.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is there a progressive discipline procedure for chronic attendance issues? News to me.

Seriously ?

What is the definition of chronic? I mean how many absences make you chronic?

Well....

It's changed over time. When (we) started, it used to be 6%.... which equated to 1 occurrence every 30 working days.

4 occurrences in a 9 month period was a "talk with".

5 was a Union contact.

6 was a warning letter.

7 was a local level hearing.

Granted, now it's all over the board.

Seriously ?

Well....

It's changed over time. When (we) started, it used to be 6%.... which equated to 1 occurrence every 30 working days.

4 occurrences in a 9 month period was a "talk with".

5 was a Union contact.

6 was a warning letter.

7 was a local level hearing.

Granted, now it's all over the board.
Talk with. LOL.

542thruNthru

The only people who need "protection" are the lazy bums who should be fired. Maybe I'll change my mind once I start getting benefits but for now I think I'll stay out of it because I've never given anyone a reason to fire me. Supervisor seem okay.
The simple minded never see the full picture.
sketch-1607153002348.jpg

sketch-1607152072407.jpg

quad decade guy

Anybody know why it’s called a Pittsburg file? Never could get anybody to tell me
It says it right on the form. I asked this question 40 years ago. They showed it to me.....after they wrote me up. BTW, not Pittsburgh file but form. Your file has many things in it including your Pittsburgh "form"......especially someone like you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It says it right on the form. I asked this question 40 years ago. They showed it to me.....after they wrote me up. BTW, not Pittsburgh file but form. Your file has many things in it including your Pittsburgh "form"......especially someone like you.

Lots of words but no real answer
Do you realize you talk in circles most of the time

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The simple minded never see the full picture.
View attachment 320100

View attachment 320099
Great job hanging in there! Some don't last the final round.
Good to see it happens in some places.
I know of an employee who fought for three years for back pay. The BA and LM worked together to drag this out so the employee wrote a letter to the closest Intl VP and sent copies of the grievances with the letter. The VP put them into the hands of KH and the hammer came down. The employee got the back pay plus penalty pay. The BA and LM got nlrb charges.

It was a win because everyone got something!:rolleyes: