Union wont fire this crazy guy

Throwaway666

A guy at my hub has had a bunch of run ins with management, from stalking female coworkers on social media and sending them weird :censored2:, to threatening to shoot the place up and having police come by and check the area, to now just last week threatening to beat the :censored2: out of multiple people at our hub and even going outside and punching a dent in someone's new car.
He was sent home, and only gone for like 3 days, and now he's back this morning...like nothing ever happened.
What is UPS gonna do when this guy snaps and finally actually shoots my hub up and hurts someone? All these stories I read about predetermined shootings and how everyone saw all these red flags beforehand...well.. here's your sign..

HFolb23

The guy needs help, you’re worried about him snapping and think that firing the guy right before Christmas will prevent that? Because I’m more likely believe it’ll have the exact opposite effect.

Someone needs to check him and offer some resources, be it counseling, therapy, a doctor, a hotline number, etc.

Throwaway666

I've only been here a year, the other people here said he does this like once or twice a year. Makes some big scene, scares people, starts :censored2: with someone, gets yelled at and then comes back to the belt the next morning like nothing ever happened. Will not speak to anyone, ever, I've never heard the guy talk til this last incident when he pulled his mask down with some sadistic smile and said like "what are you gonna do about it?" To someone.

And I heard through the vine that they tried to fire him but something about the union required it to follow the order of like 1 day suspension, 3 day, 5, then termination or however it goes. And he wasn't at the termination point yet so thats why he's back working today

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've only been here a year, the other people here said he does this like once or twice a year. Makes some big scene, scares people, starts :censored2: with someone, gets yelled at and then comes back to the belt the next morning like nothing ever happened. Will not speak to anyone, ever, I've never heard the guy talk til this last incident when he pulled his mask down with some sadistic smile and said like "what are you gonna do about it?" To someone.

And I heard through the vine that they tried to fire him but something about the union required it to follow the order of like 1 day suspension, 3 day, 5, then termination or however it goes. And he wasn't at the termination point yet so thats why he's back working today
You should try this

MYOB

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

If you don’t work with him then don’t worry about it. Unless he is threatening you, stay out of it. Don’t stick your beak in places it doesn’t belong.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
A guy at my hub has had a bunch of run ins with management, from stalking female coworkers on social media and sending them weird :censored2:, to threatening to shoot the place up and having police come by and check the area, to now just last week threatening to beat the :censored2: out of multiple people at our hub and even going outside and punching a dent in someone's new car.
He was sent home, and only gone for like 3 days, and now he's back this morning...like nothing ever happened.
What is UPS gonna do when this guy snaps and finally actually shoots my hub up and hurts someone? All these stories I read about predetermined shootings and how everyone saw all these red flags beforehand...well.. here's your sign..
The union doesn't exist to fire it's own members. It's up to UPS to terminate employment and the unions job to fight the discharge.
Had a fellow preloader/driver back in the 80's who kind of acted like that at work. Was just a show at work so people would leave him alone. Away from the job he was just as "normal" as the rest of us. He's still working today but has mellowed out a bit.

UPSER1987

This sounds like a guy in 104

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We had a guy like that. His best friend came to me asking for advice on what to do. He probably spoke to some other people. He said his friend threatened to bring a gun to work and shoot some supes.
Anyway I told him to report it to the center manager or else I would. No time to go up the chain of command.

He was fired but I dont know the complete story.
Saw him a couple years ago at the Costco and he was a complete wreck. Looked like a meth head.

Not sure what I would do if in your shoes. Talk to someone in HR or high up. Perhaps even local authorities .

Can't gauge seriousness just by reading posts here but you're right. Seems like some warning signs,

better to do something rather than being sorry some day.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If he's a threat, bypass UPS and the union and talk to cops.

Either way you lose..Reporting him and getting him fired only makes you number one on his hit list.

Your only protection is to have yourself a way out or be prepared...even with that it is a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Pray that the nut case doesn’t go over the deep end...and get in shape with a good pair of track 👟 👟...’s

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you can call the UPS hotline and that will keep you anonymous.

lost the number years ago. I used it once and it worked.

number may come up on search here or some member has it.