United Way Donations

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I wonder if I designate all money go to charity A, does charity A actually get any more money than if I had not designated charity A to get my money? By that, I mean does all money not designated, get x amount not contributed to charity A effectively getting the same amount to charity A if I designated or not. Sneaky way for UW to make people think they are helping a specific charity and getting more monies.

I was once a volunteer for a non profit organization that received money from the United Way. The executive of the organization told me that they only received what the local United Way wanted them to have. Meaning that if xyz group did not get enough money donated, then United Way would cut the funds any way they wanted. So it does not matter that you choose a designated charity, the local United Way will decide where the funds and how the funds will be allocated.

AndUPSER

I personally think all PTers should give at least $2/week and all FTers no less than $10/week.

$104 a year is a lot of money to some PTers, especially the guys and gals who only get 17.5 hours a week just starting off.

$104 is 3 trips to the gas station for me. I'm sure for other people at UPS $104 will help feed their kids.

oldngray

nowhere special
Your directed funds will only go to whom your local UW wants it to go.

Its a game of juggling numbers. UW will direct your donations to your chosen charity but might reduce the funding for that organization from other sources so the total amount remains the same. All of the donations going to UW end up in the same accounts so they can use accounting tricks to move the money around as they want to.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
So you prefer we go back to back-alley, coat hanger botch jobs?

Or would you prefer that we force the (often) unwed mother to carry her baby to term and then further force her to raise the (unwanted) child for 18 years, usually on welfare or some other form of public assistance?

I prefer that they keep their legs together and to understand that society will not pay for their mistake.

joesmith

O

OLDMAN3

I personally think all PTers should give at least $2/week and all FTers no less than $10/week.
And I personally think it is immoral to give to the United Way any money considering who they support. But I would never tell others what they should do with their money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$104 a year is a lot of money to some PTers, especially the guys and gals who only get 17.5 hours a week just starting off.

$104 is 3 trips to the gas station for me. I'm sure for other people at UPS $104 will help feed their kids.

If $104 per year is a lot of money you have far bigger issues.

Indecisi0n

I think anyone name upstate....and owns cats...can lick my nuts
post-26118-grumpy-cat-licking-gif-Wp01.gif