Unlimited bidding in the 710???

Feederquacker

I just went on the 710’s web site and saw where they say they have unlimited bidding for Package and Feeder drivers. How does that work? Is it just removing the language that only 10-20% that can bid or is it something more?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I just went on the 710’s web site and saw where they say they have unlimited bidding for Package and Feeder drivers. How does that work? Is it just removing the language that only 10-20% that can bid or is it something more?

In the Central, we're limited to 3 bids in a year.

I guess 710 doesn't have that limit.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
In the Central, we're limited to 3 bids in a year.

I don't remember that in the supplement. It says a limit of 3 bids on an open route bid cascade but I'll have to pull out the book again on 3 bid a year wording.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't remember that in the supplement. It says a limit of 3 bids on an open route bid cascade but I'll have to pull out the book again on 3 bid a year wording.

Article 3 Section 8

Only those employees within the classification in the building shall bid said vacancy. The vacancy shall be filled by the senior bidding employee. If the vacancy is not bid by an employee within the classification the vacancy exists, the bid shall be open to all employees within the center. The vacancy shall be filled by the senior bidding employee. The procedure shall be repeated the second (2nd) and third (3rd) time in the classification in the building, the successful bidder vacated. Employees are limited to three (3) bids per year. When the successful bidder for a full-time combination job fails to qualify it shall be awarded to the next qualified most senior employee on the bid sheet. Feeder drivers are not subject to the three (3) bid limitations within their classification.

F

Frankie's Friend

Article 3 Section 8

Only those employees within the classification in the building shall bid said vacancy. The vacancy shall be filled by the senior bidding employee. If the vacancy is not bid by an employee within the classification the vacancy exists, the bid shall be open to all employees within the center. The vacancy shall be filled by the senior bidding employee. The procedure shall be repeated the second (2nd) and third (3rd) time in the classification in the building, the successful bidder vacated. Employees are limited to three (3) bids per year. When the successful bidder for a full-time combination job fails to qualify it shall be awarded to the next qualified most senior employee on the bid sheet. Feeder drivers are not subject to the three (3) bid limitations within their classification.
Unless you get bumped?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The only problem is that there is only 3 bumps, and the 4th is assigned if it gets that far. So someone could actually get screwed.

It gets that far, trust me! One year it happened to me twice. It was a running joke in my center for a few months.

542thruNthru

We have no limit on bidding here. We have a few senior drivers that bid every single route that comes up. They always pass on the route but still sign the bid every time anyways.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Come to think of it, could be a dick move -
Driver Tom: so who one the bid on 11G?
Sup: Joe got it.
DT: What!? he has way less seniority than me!
Sup: your name was not on the list
DT: well I didn't sign because Sal signed, he has way more seniority
Sup: Sal turned it down...

But, you already know Sal’s a dick, so sign it anyway

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
That’s why if you have any interest in that route you sign it no matter who already signed it. You can always say no.

542thruNthru

???
He says no, I call the next guy on the bid sheet. I honestly don't understand how that is supposed to annoy me?

It doesn't but some people think that way so they do it. One guy takes it to the limit though. He takes the route and runs it for 10 days then wins his bid to get his old route. On roads hate it because they have to ride with him the first day to show him the route.

542thruNthru

This has happen before. Every top guy turned it down and a very low seniority guy got a very nice route. We also bid for life. Lots of angry mid seniority drivers that day. It's their own fault though.

brownIEman

It doesn't but some people think that way so they do it. One guy takes it to the limit though. He takes the route and runs it for 10 days then wins his bid to get his old route. On roads hate it because they have to ride with him the first day to show him the route.

Even that would not annoy me. I usually did not ride with drivers first day on a route they bid. But any excuse to get out of the office was usually welcome, if I'm on a route I can't explain to Sally customer that no, her driver did NOT walk all the way to her front door, leave a notice without knocking. I also can't be pulled to take pics and witness statements for the accident investigation 'cause Sal backed over a mailbox. Again. (I'm with @burrheadd , Sal's a dick)