Unload/Load

browntroll

depends on your shift and hub. if its night shift then either one, but if you are in preload dont do unload if its a pal label system.

nineyearsUGH

I have never seen progressive discipline for unload on my preload. I have seen much more supervisor harassment of loaders, and in some rare cases seen them suspended for miss-loads.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have never seen progressive discipline for unload on my preload. I have seen much more supervisor harassment of loaders, and in some rare cases seen them suspended for miss-loads.

My former helper is in the midst of a 5 day suspension for misloads. He first served a 1 and then a 3 day suspension, also for misloads. The poor kid is overwhelmed-----loads 4 of the heaviest cars in the center----and, to quote Sober, has been set up to fail. It baffles me why they don't just move him as he clearly cannot handle those cars.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My former helper is in the midst of a 5 day suspension for misloads. He first served a 1 and then a 3 day suspension, also for misloads. The poor kid is overwhelmed-----loads 4 of the heaviest cars in the center----and, to quote Sober, has been set up to fail. It baffles me why they don't just move him as he clearly cannot handle those cars.
Having a heavy as hell assignment may mean you're the last one wrapped everyday....but it really is no excuse for misloads. I'm assuming if he's THAT overwhelmed...another loader is probably sent to help him...or he's not wrapped and his drivers are helping him finish at the end. Either way...the minute another employee loads a package into his trucks...he is no longer responsible for misloads.

Where is his steward?? I have seen loaders in my center who haven't made book fired for off routes....and seen a few written up for misloads (i got a warning letter once but my steward got it thrown out)....but suspended 3 times? That is crap...sounds like management just wants to get rid of him...and sounds like they'll succeed.

Mr.Golden

I worked reload when I first started years ago and pretty much was a All American. When it comes to unloading it requires no skill best thing to do is unload fast to jam the belt or make the ppl who loads it stop the belt. Loading requires skill and a bit more challenging.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

If our preloaders were suspended for misloads we would not have any preloaders. Preload manager believes if you aren't misloading, you are not working fast enough.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If our preloaders were suspended for misloads we would not have any preloaders. Preload manager believes if you aren't misloading, you are not working fast enough.

I think this kid is being set up to fail, which is sad as he is a good kid. He is clearly overwhelmed----I told his Dad, who is a 22.3, this the first day that they put Brandon on those cars. The sad part is that one of those areas is a training area so you have new drivers who are already worried about having to qualify having to deal with less than ideal loads.

The best thing would be to move him to an easier pull until he gets more experience.

The worst thing is what they are doing now----having him sit at home, without pay, thinking about it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In 8 years....i've never seen discipline for misloads extend beyond warning letters or every so often... moving someone to the unload...

oldngray

nowhere special
In 8 years....i've never seen discipline for misloads extend beyond warning letters or every so often... moving someone to the unload...

The only preloaders I saw that were sent to unload had more issues than just misloads. One was because he had fried his brains so bad on drugs he couldn't do any work requiring concentration.

browntroll

Other than the SPA position, how is the unload any different on the preload?
in my hub, preload sups have a hard on for going to unload and messing with them now. i heard of a few new hires being fired for not unloading
fast enough, first time this happens since i have been with company. in my hub unload has most of the hubs rejects that cant do anything
or pro union guys that wont do anything besides talk. i have to go there every morning for startup, from talking to a few ppl its not what it used
to be. i would go for a pickoff position if possible.