Unpaid leave

vtrommer

My husband has serious back problems. He is going to retire in 5 weeks because of it. With volume way up is there anyway for him to take unpaid leave until he retires? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Indecisi0n

My husband has serious back problems. He is going to retire in 5 weeks because of it. With volume way up is there anyway for him to take unpaid leave until he retires? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Start licking handrails and get himself some Corona. Then he can go out on paid leave.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You will get better feedback if you posted this in the UPS Discussions forum.
Most of the people in here have serious personality defects and are pretty much too cynical to be helpful.

542thruNthru

Thanks, I didn't realize.

Have your husband apply for FMLA. His doctor and local business agent should be able to help him through the process.

We've had people get FMLA for a lot less.
Screenshot_20200323-234507_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

vtrommer

He already has it intermittently. I think its for so many days/month. Can he just use that for the remainder of his time? I don't want him to get fired right before he retires on some technicality

542thruNthru

He already has it intermittently. I think its for so many days/month. Can he just use that for the remainder of his time? I don't want him to get fired right before he retires on some technicality

First... don't be lazy and read all the language I posted.

Second... you or him should know how many weeks he has used and if he's applied again this year.

If he is full time he gets 12 week of unpaid leave 6 if PT. Judging from your former posts he's a FT driver.

I don't know what state you're in but have you looked into short term disability?

Also UPS has no right to ask about why you're taking FMLA. Your Rights Under HIPAA

vtrommer

I did read it, I am unsure because the fmla he got approved for was for so many days/month.
He just got it renewed this year so he has 12 wks but what I am asking is since he was approved for so many days/month can he take the next 5 weeks off stating fmla w/out being questioned? His boss already looked it up when it had lapsed for this yr. and we were in the process of renewing it.
I sent in the paperwork for short term disability to the dr. who agreed he should be off until he retires but them seem strangely busy right now.
Like I said I want to make sure he can do it without being fired on some bs loophole.

542thruNthru

I did read it, I am unsure because the fmla he got approved for was for so many days/month.
He just got it renewed this year so he has 12 wks but what I am asking is since he was approved for so many days/month can he take the next 5 weeks off stating fmla w/out being questioned? His boss already looked it up when it had lapsed for this yr. and we were in the process of renewing it.
I sent in the paperwork for short term disability to the dr. who agreed he should be off until he retires but them seem strangely busy right now.
Like I said I want to make sure he can do it without being fired on some bs loophole.

As long as he was approved he can take all 12 weeks in a row or single days. Nothing UPS can do about it.