Unreported Injuries

quad decade guy

Fear of the UPS boogeyman??? You, out of anyone here, should be able to relate to that … but then again I don’t know you… but actually I do by all of the paranoid talk you spout off on this site old timer…
Say, you are a trained psychologist?

You had it right....you don't know me.

Interesting though(rarely)...you've stumbled upon a point.

What you call "paranoid" is just good practice and common sense. Warning/training against criminal or even stupid, unsafe conduct is considered...."normal" everywhere except on BC.

The mere fact this person was "scared" is telling.....say, why do you think that is? Getting hurt at work can/is a big deal....anyone who works there knows this. Injuries come with all sorts of paperwork, rides and even yes....discipline. Sometimes lasting years, decades and even career ending scenarios. While never really being returned to the pre-injury condition.

And of all people....yes....I'm considered an old timer......and good, safe practices have made me a survivor.....Circle of Honor 31 years, never lost time injury and that 41 years of service.....

Fear the UPS boogeyman?.......no.....but I have a HEALTHY respect for him.

quad decade guy

I've never heard of being fired for unreported injury...
Folks get fired for lot's of "unreported" things....accidents, injuries, missed stops, pkgs on and on. Just because you've never heard of something doesn't really mean anything. Now, a person might get disciplined and not "fired"....who knows?

Having lot's of time at UPS means I've seen lot's of things....yes, our region differs in many ways.

Reporting an injury 5 weeks later.....I've seen it......I've seen warning letters for it. I've seen claims denied too.

Shrug.

quad decade guy

Umm.... you don't seem to know.

You're guessing.
Lot's of things are called dishonesty.....unprofessional conduct.....those things. Most people get their jobs back.....without pay mostly.....IDK.......that's what happens. Chapter, verse and paragraph....you got me. See above for what's actually happened in my many years.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Actually depending on the state he/she could have anywhere from 10 to 90 days to report a injury to UPS. UPS just likes to say 24 hours. After that he/she could file a work comp claim between 1 and 3 years depending on the state.
It also depends on the type of injury....a broken finger vs a repetitive motion injury. Good luck trying to claim a broken finger from over a month ago.