ups 401k

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm not taking anything out. They money is for retirement. As a matter of fact I turned up my 401k I put extra contributions for the 2019 Roth and accelerated some of this year's contributions to Roth
depends, if there is a good stock out there, 100000 will buy a lot of it

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The question I have, can you do a Roth conversion with this. For example, with the penalty waived, will Prudential allow you to convert a pretax amount into the Roth portion of our account, and we can pay the taxes now without penalty. With the market being down, paying taxes on a smaller amount then allowing it to grow tax free from this point, you make out better.

I have about 40k in traditional from a long time ago, before switching to Roth. Wondering if they’ll allow me to move that amount over, incurring a taxable event. Technically it wouldn’t be withdrawing, but you could accomplish the same thing by withdrawing and placing it into an Roth IRA, only problem would be yearly limits on contributions, might need to spread it out over a few years between the wife and I.

I’ll call when I get a chance and ask

The question I have, can you do a Roth conversion with this. For example, with the penalty waived, will Prudential allow you to convert a pretax amount into the Roth portion of our account, and we can pay the taxes now without penalty. With the market being down, paying taxes on a smaller amount then allowing it to grow tax free from this point, you make out better.

I have about 40k in traditional from a long time ago, before switching to Roth. Wondering if they’ll allow me to move that amount over, incurring a taxable event. Technically it wouldn’t be withdrawing, but you could accomplish the same thing by withdrawing and placing it into an Roth IRA, only problem would be yearly limits on contributions, might need to spread it out over a few years between the wife and I.

I’ll call when I get a chance and ask
I don't know if that is allowed but if you do have a traditional IRA somewhere else I would seriously considering converting it now.