UPS air maintenance workers threaten strike ahead of shareholders meeting

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS air maintenance workers threaten strike ahead of shareholders meeting - Reuters

A union representing 1,200 U.S. air maintenance workers at United Parcel Service Inc turned up pressure on the company on Sunday to settle a three-year contract dispute, saying it would seek clearance to strike.

The union is taking its grievances directly to UPS shareholders, running as an advertisement an open letter to David Abney, the company’s chief executive officer, ahead of a Thursday shareholders meeting.

The letter, which has been delivered to board members, was signed by nearly 78 percent of members of Local 2727 of the Teamsters union, asking the company to maintain air mechanics’ current health plan and not demand other concessions.

trickpony1

I wonder how many runner/gunners know they are raising their MAR when they run/gun?

(You didn't think this feeder driver knew what MAR is/was.....did ya?)

twoweeled

There goes Abney's bonus this year.
I'm not sure about that. He Abney comes out ahead and still lowers benefits to mechanics without a strike, I think he reinforces his bonus. Abney gives in and keeps benefits where they are, then I think he's bonus gets a close look. Abney is paid to screw us as hard as he can. The bigger the screwing, the bigger the bonus. That's my opinion.

twoweeled

I doubt they'll be allowed to strike. But if they do, I think it would be an extremely tough one. Abney gives into the mechanics, and what happens when our turn comes? We gain a lot of hope and get a bit more backbone to strike, because we know we can win? No, Abney will have to lower the boom hard on the mechanics and scare the hell out of us. We won't even entertain the thought of a vote if we see Abney behead the mechanics. I think that's just human nature. But a strike is going to have to happen eventually, or our future will be uglier than our worse nightmare.