UPS and Aetna denied my PTSD claim 5 times , saying they dont cover if caused by combat, it wasn't

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My father raped me during my infancy, into my childhood years. I was in the state foster care system for years before "dad" finally got me permanently. One of the foster homes I was in, the last one, I was placed with an African-American woman who had several kids of her own, was there 2 years, for 2 years she beat me, forced me to serve her guests at poker parties she would throw. She'd show me off, before she would whip me in front of them.. so, anything else? Good question, this is the kind of thing Aetna wants me to prove...
Then it should absolutely be covered by them.

Brownslave688

I'd say this qualifies as a precondition. If the GOP gets their way, you'll get nothing and like it.

Good luck, getting an insurance company to pay for your lousy childhood.
Preconditions will always be covered from now on. It was terrible that they weren't covered before but the GOP would never try to do away with them now. Would be political suicide.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My father raped me during my infancy, into my childhood years. I was in the state foster care system for years before "dad" finally got me permanently. One of the foster homes I was in, the last one, I was placed with an African-American woman who had several kids of her own, was there 2 years, for 2 years she beat me, forced me to serve her guests at poker parties she would throw. She'd show me off, before she would whip me in front of them.. so, anything else? Good question, this is the kind of thing Aetna wants me to prove...

As horrific as that sounds....

Was anyone charged with a crime, convicted of it, and spent time in prison ?

Brownslave688

Do you file grievances on contractual violations ?

Or, what you feel is wrong....

There is a difference.

-Bug-
so if he was raped as a kid but never reported it and the person wasn't put in prison insurance has no obligation to cover his treatment?

That's :censored2:ed up man.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This sort of thing is a big part of the reason I am a sole provider. In my wife's case ptsd was confirmed, and she could have gotten disability, but the stress of dealing with proving this, or that, was too much for her to even want to start the process. Her counselors/therapists choose not to focus on the cause of the trauma, because it can be almost anything, and finding it almost never helps. They focus, instead, on coping mechanisms, and methods for rewiring the brain. PTSD is often linked with OCD, which is caused by a misfiring/looping of the fight/flight response circuit. I may be explaining it wrong, but that's how I understand it.

@Used Up, what you've been through is terrible, and what you have to go through just to get the help you need is nearly as bad. Stay strong. Maybe look into neural feedback, if you haven't already.