UPS and the OJT training with the VA

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I was reaching out hoping to catch someone else that does the OJT through the VA. I had no problem getting my hours submitted up until about 8 months ago. The lady who was doing it moved to another job and the guy in charge of it retired out of the blue. Since then my hours have been submitted sporadically and now they haven't been submitted for three months. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this same issue or I'm the only one. I don't expect a lot of replies as UPS and the VA (Veterans Administration) do not advertise this and keep it a secret it seems. Local HR has been worthless on the topic as I had to explain what the program was to them. Any help would be appreciated.

Misthios

Just file a grievance on the pay you're owed since it's not being sent in. I'd imagine that may get someone's attention.
I wish I could. The way it works is my hours are verified and signed off by UPS then submitted to the VA so I can be paid for my OJT (on the job training) the only place I'm caught up is getting it verified and submitted.

Misthios

You've been training since 2015?
Long story short I didn't start the program my first peak season. Started it after I came back from the post office. So since 2016. All it boils down to is my education benefits. Same as a plumber would get paid while he was an apprentice. If that makes any sense at all.

Misthios

Package car driver. I'm
It does not.

What is your job at ups?
I drive the nice brown trucks same as everyone else. I use my education benefits that I get from my military service to get paid by the VA while I work at Ups for the same 36 months as any other service member would get. So it would be the same as a plumber, electrician, carpenter etc. Using their education benefits while apprenticing.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Package car driver. I'm

I drive the nice brown trucks same as everyone else. I use my education benefits that I get from my military service to get paid by the VA while I work at Ups for the same 36 months as any other service member would get. So it would be the same as a plumber, electrician, carpenter etc. Using their education benefits while apprenticing.
Ahhhhhhh, now I understand. That's pretty cool.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Package car driver. I'm

How much does it pay

Misthios

Not very well, judging by the 1st post.

It pays around $800 a month. I'm simply asking if anyone had any insight as to what's going on. My wife is considering starting college and if this things has gone all sixes and sevens then I can back out of it and transfer my remaining months of eligibility to her.