UPS Answers your Questions - What Will 22.4's Do On Sat and Sun

The Real Jack RyanMI6

It's all about stops per car and that's a big part of the problem with us getting out of the building late. Let's give a buk route that picks up a ton of pieces an extra section of home stops so he gets back to the building late.
Without SPC combined with seniority they would absolutely abuse the lower paid guys. They would work them to death

Without SPC combined with seniority they would absolutely abuse the lower paid guys. They would work them to death
They already do it now. I've seen too many people just walk out the door. The push some to the edge and forget they are human beings. Yes when you are on the bottom of the list you should be expected to do a little more...we all had to. But no reason to just crush these guys.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

They already do it now. I've seen too many people just walk out the door. The push some to the edge and forget they are human beings. Yes when you are on the bottom of the list you should be expected to do a little more...we all had to. But no reason to just crush these guys.
I agree totally, work more yes crush, destroy & demoralize no way.
What's concerning to me is Abneys comment on the investor call 2nd qtr 2018 held just two weeks ago he stated that this contract was a foundation for the future, in terms of rewarding our people. Im not attempting to take this out of context, however its telling the futures we all face.

I agree totally, work more yes crush, destroy & demoralize no way.
What's concerning to me is Abneys comment on the investor call 2nd qtr 2018 held just two weeks ago he stated that this contract was a foundation for the future, in terms of rewarding our people. Im not attempting to take this out of context, however its telling the futures we all face.
This is my last contract. I'm ouspush hard for the future generation, just like the generation before me did. Unfortunately not many people seem to care, except for themselves.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This is my last contract. I'm ouspush hard for the future generation, just like the generation before me did. Unfortunately not many people seem to care, except for themselves.
I agree, sad to say i use to be one of them!
However, when i saw this contract and when i looked backward at all the work previously done in my behalf. By either stewards, or fellow Teamsters here on BC or other forms, i just couldn't stay in my own hobbits hole. I had to say something do something. I know my style is nerdish, being analytical and often unappreciated, but i just had to contribute in whatever way i could. This isnt my first rodeo but it is hopefully my last i can but have no wish to change jobs again in my 5 decade of life

I agree, sad to say i use to be one of them!
However, when i saw this contract and when i looked backward at all the work previously done in my behalf. By either stewards, or fellow Teamsters here on BC or other forms, i just couldn't stay in my own hobbits hole. I had to say something do something. I know my style is nerdish, being analytical and often unappreciated, but i just had to contribute in whatever way i could. This isnt my first rodeo but it is hopefully my last i can but have no wish to change jobs again in my 5 decade of life
Fix the language and it will pass. End of story

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Where does it say they won't be paid their preload pay rate for inside work? They are calling them "Hybrid."

Article 41.4 states the pay rate for the 22.4 position. Says nothing about different pay rates for inside work. The official term is combo.