UPS-APWA National NLRB Petition Started

705red

Browncafe Steward
I understand cs took a hit, but i take it that no one here has ever had an investment go bad. No one here has never mismanaged any of their cash flow, bought stock that dropped, lost in their 401k. I guess only teamsters make bad decisions.

Cole

Yes, but if I have an investor that messes up that much, they're gone, fired, they can't happen at cs. There again, we don't have to take that kind of crap, and we are not going to take it anymore. I am paid to do a job, and I am held accountable, so should these clowns. Also, until you have yours stripped, which could very likely happen, you wont see the need for change, but the way I see it, one of us is wronged they have wronged us all. I know in this dog eat dog world, that is not usually the mentality.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes, but if I have an investor that messes up that much, they're gone, fired, they can't happen at cs. There again, we don't have to take that kind of crap, and we are not going to take it anymore. I am paid to do a job, and I am held accountable, so should these clowns. Also, until you have yours stripped, which could very likely happen, you wont see the need for change, but the way I see it, one of us is wronged they have wronged us all. I know in this dog eat dog world, that is not usually the mentality.
I understand your beef and if im correct the cs pension is creeping back up. What ive senn on here is alot of these guys want to see a multi-employer fund funded 100%, thats insane you typically want it 85%ish because any employeer opting out needs to fund the difference before getting out. I recall reading somewhere the cs fund was back into the 60%ish area, still low but alot better than over a year ago.

What we need to do is organize the competion and other crafts and freight into the teamsters. We all seem smart enough to understand that the future of our pensions rest on the stability of the teamster growing and organizing.

sawdusttv

Cole this isnt about hoffa, administrations come and go. The teamsters union is here to stay. Most of the whiners on here didnt have the right to vote hoffa, so they want to start their own scab union. They lost their right to vote and voice their opinion on ups teamster issues. Dont you see that ups have been breeding these cancer cell employees since 97 to over throw the teamsters movement. Cole you seem like a frustrated teamster like i and others, but i refuse to turn my back on the teamsters and will ride the wave until we can rid our union of hoffa, but until then hes oru president and i will support him. Ask yourself cole will you stand with the not so perfect teamsters, or the apwa remember most of their support is from withdrawn cowardly scabs?

withdrawn cowardly scabs???
I withdrew from the teamsters because I got tired of the screwings that the teamsters so enjoy handing out.
Cowardly?????
The day I withdrew, I stood up in the middle of the union hall at the general meeting and told those F___ing rat B_st_rds that there was not a one of them big and bad enough to reach in my pocket and take what they wanted, which is what they were trying to do to us all, and told them that we were going to put a stop to them one way or another.
SCABS????
I for one, up to that point, was a dues paying teamster and I walked that line and supported them in 97, and to my knowledge so did the founding officers of the APWA. Not a one of us crossed the line.
You see, that is what you don't get!!!
We are strong union people, that believe in the concept of union power. We just don't support the same union as you. We believe that the Parcel Workers Union at this point has much more to offer us than do the teamsters.

I understand your frustration, but we have tried all your remedies to fix the dying teamsters union to no avail. So, now it's time to move in a new direction in order to secure a sound future. THE APWA!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I got peeved at the Teamsters yesterday (long story) and had a talk with my steward. I told him I was going to quit the Teamsters (I know, big mistake). He promptly flipped, saying, "You can't quit the Teamsters! You have to go management or quit UPS!" I just smiled and went back to work. I'd gotten the answer I wanted. Sorry, off topic. Just stewing :mad: :mad: .

30andout

Some people just cannot grasp that if we want to form a union of only UPS employees we are big enough and will be strong enough. We don't need the teamsters, a 3rd party to do what we can so they can get rich off of us. They try to make a good show for us on the small issues but in the long run are more worried about themselves to get what we deserve. The only reason they get us better pay is so they can take more from us because they know how well UPS does.

705red

Browncafe Steward
withdrawn cowardly scabs???
I withdrew from the teamsters because I got tired of the screwings that the teamsters so enjoy handing out.
Cowardly?????
The day I withdrew, I stood up in the middle of the union hall at the general meeting and told those F___ing rat B_st_rds that there was not a one of them big and bad enough to reach in my pocket and take what they wanted, which is what they were trying to do to us all, and told them that we were going to put a stop to them one way or another.
SCABS????
I for one, up to that point, was a dues paying teamster and I walked that line and supported them in 97, and to my knowledge so did the founding officers of the APWA. Not a one of us crossed the line.
You see, that is what you don't get!!!
We are strong union people, that believe in the concept of union power. We just don't support the same union as you. We believe that the Parcel Workers Union at this point has much more to offer us than do the teamsters.

I understand your frustration, but we have tried all your remedies to fix the dying teamsters union to no avail. So, now it's time to move in a new direction in order to secure a sound future. THE APWA!
If thats what you call a strong union ill pass. Reap the rewards of the teamster negotiated contract and pass the buck for being a sell out, turncoat, spineless self absorbent sponge. If the apwa ever struck would we have to wear skirts like a bunch of nancys.

3brownstars

If thats what you call a strong union ill pass. Reap the rewards of the teamster negotiated contract and pass the buck for being a sell out, turncoat, spineless self absorbent sponge. If the apwa ever struck would we have to wear skirts like a bunch of nancys.

We pay money every month/week for that teamster negotiated contract. We pay for a service, it's not like the IBT is out there doing pro-bono work for UPSers, and now we no longer care for the service that they are selling. Like any good consumer we are going to find a better deal for our dollar.

As far as the skirts and Nancys comment, what the he** are you talking about?

705red

Browncafe Steward
We pay money every month/week for that teamster negotiated contract. We pay for a service, it's not like the IBT is out there doing pro-bono work for UPSers, and now we no longer care for the service that they are selling. Like any good consumer we are going to find a better deal for our dollar.

As far as the skirts and Nancys comment, what the he** are you talking about?
I was just responding to how strong he thought the apwa would be. I made a comparison to the strength of the apwa to a bunch of school girls. Sorry if i confused you, tried having a little humor in it.