UPS Bans the N95 Mask, but OKs Bandanas! WTF!?

BrownZen

Did you want to wear a mask that actually kept you safe and was not just a sign a liberal compliance? Too bad, they have forced you to be less safe. If you get COVID at UPS save this image for your court date!

If anyone glues a miniature bandana to the exhaust hole of an N95 and wears it to work, make sure you post a picture here!

no_n95.png

newintown

You're confused. They did not ban N95's. They banned N95's with valves. N95's used in healthcare settings do not use a valve. The valve does nothing to protect others from you. Valved N95's are used in industrial applications, sanding, grinding, sweeping, etc. It's helps to keep you cool, that's all.

BrownZen

You're confused. They did not ban N95's. They banned N95's with valves. N95's used in healthcare settings do not use a valve. The valve does nothing to protect others from you. Valved N95's are used in industrial applications, sanding, grinding, sweeping, etc. It's helps to keep you cool, that's all.
Yes, I am confused on how a bandana which is one giant exhaust hole is more protective. Please go on...

BrownZen

It is definitely not rocket science, it is not any type of science. An N95 keeps one person safe at least. I think that is a whole lot better than zero people.

BrownZen

Imagine 2 people meeting. One wears a N95 which is 95% effective for the wearer. One wears a bandana which is close to zero IMO, but lets for comedy sakes say it is 20% effective. By bandana believer logic it should be 20% effective at catching viruses from either side (mouth side or external) since any cloth on your face will work. That means when they meet in close quarters one person is 95% safe and one person is 20% safe. Now, with this retarded liberal rule, you have 2 people meeting that are 20% safe and that is a very generous 20%. This is so far from sound logic it is outright dangerous policy making by absolute retards. I hope this ends up in courts.

newintown

You're missing the point. N95's with a valve do not protect others from the person wearing said N95 with valve. Again, I'm not saying that a bandana is particularly effective either, I'm just pointing out where your logic is flawed.

BrownZen

You're missing the point. N95's with a valve do not protect others from the person wearing said N95 with valve. Again, I'm not saying that a bandana is particularly effective either, I'm just pointing out where your logic is flawed.
Explain it using the 2 people meeting example above. One is wearing a N95 with exhaust valve (95% safe for that person) and one is wearing a bandana (pick any % you like that sounds right). Explain to me how to net danger is better with 2 bandana. The 2 people meet and go... tell me how they are safer without N95.

newintown

It's safer for the person wearing the N95. No one is arguing against that. For the other person it's less safe than if they were wearing a simple face covering. You wearing a valved N95 would be the same as not wearing a mask when it comes to the other person.

BrownZen

If the idea is to get both people as close to 100% as possible (which should be the idea) it is your logic which is horribly flawed. Just add the percentages together and see which is closer to 200. This policy is not science this is absolute retardation. There is no logical person on this planet who believes two people 20% protected is better than 2 people with one 20% protected and the other 95% protected. Is this concept that hard to grasp?

BrownZen

Im on feeders so i dont interact with people can i still wear a mask, or do i still have to wear?
Some uppity manager said if we were in a truck alone, no mask. If we were picking a belt alone, no mask. But when in a common area or shared space you had to wear a mask. I asked for a written policy and he refused to provide one, so it is likely just his concept of compliance to the liberal lunacy and not official policy - IDK