UPS Bans the N95 Mask, but OKs Bandanas! WTF!?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I tried that during a PCM last week
yeah what happened to not having PCM? We have been daily PCM so they can harass us over the flavor the month. Someone called them out on it a few weeks back.

hey i thought we were not supposed to be doing PCM right now. center manager: Mind your own business and get to work

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Back in February 2020 I ordered 2 n95 masks on amazon for @tonyexpress and me. They were delivered with an unexpected breathing opening so that our breath can come out but we can't breathe other air in. I was not happy with that so I stitched those gaps up. From that experience I think that n95 is not necessarily the best if it only protects the person wearing them. That's not the point.

Btw, we know a several people that have tested positive, and most temporarily lost their sense of smell and taste. Some got really sick, most did not. We had a couple of people come to our house a couple of weeks ago that thought they had colds and a few days later they tested positive. I felt like I had a slight cold afterward but @tonyexpress felt fine. We both tested negative last week.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok, we haven't had to go over this for a while, so here goes:

The actual empirical data (data collected from random controlled trials, which is the most reliable data, not lab tests, not statistical data, not surveys) show that there is no significant difference between medical grade masks and no masks in slowing the spread of respiratory illness causing viruses, both in health care settings and in the general public.

Studies comparing medical masks to N95 masks showed no difference in the level of protection between the two regarding viral spread. N95 masks have only been shown to be effective at preventing bacterial spread. One study comparing cloth masks vs medical masks in a healthcare setting showed that people wearing cloth masks contracted respiratory illnesses 13x as often as people wearing medical masks. Cloth masks = bad. Medical masks and n95 = waste of resources and poses risks for people who already have respiratory issues, and should not be worn while engaged in heavy physical activity.

That is what all the most reliable data we have on the issue supports. Anyone who says different is incompetent or purposefully lying to you. If you haven't caught covid yet, it's because you are in the 90% of the population who hasn't had it (based on highly questionable testing data), or you have had it and you didn't know it. It wasn't because your mask helped you at all. You are now more knowledgeable on the subject than literally every public health "expert". You're welcome, no charge.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

The actual empirical data (data collected from random controlled trials, which is the most reliable data, not lab tests, not statistical data, not surveys) show that there is no significant difference between medical grade masks and no masks in slowing the spread of respiratory illness causing viruses, both in health care settings and in the general public.

Studies comparing medical masks to N95 masks showed no difference in the level of protection between the two regarding viral spread. N95 masks have only been shown to be effective at preventing bacterial spread. One study comparing cloth masks vs medical masks in a healthcare setting showed that people wearing cloth masks contracted respiratory illnesses 13x as often as people wearing medical masks. Cloth masks = bad. Medical masks and n95 = waste of resources and poses risks for people who already have respiratory issues, and should not be worn while engaged in heavy physical activity.

That is what all the most reliable data we have on the issue supports. Anyone who says different is incompetent or purposefully lying to you. If you haven't caught covid yet, it's because you are in the 90% of the population who hasn't had it (based on highly questionable testing data), or you have had it and you didn't know it. It wasn't because your mask helped you at all. You are now more knowledgeable on the subject than literally every public health "expert". You're welcome, no charge.
Masks are more to protect other people than yourself and the N95's that vent spread germs worse. They probably shouldn't call the different types all N95 since the medical ones are so different.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Masks are more to protect other people than yourself

But there is insignificant empirical evidence that masks do that.

If you are citing rationalgrounds.com you have a big problem. It's called reality.

Kill the messenger fallacy. If you have issues with the facts set forth in those charts, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

As for the other information, that comes from directly reading the studies. The contributors at rational ground happened to draw the same conclusions from the actual data that I did, that makes them more reliable in my opinion than your ad hominem fallacy. Let's talk data. Let's talk reliability. Until then, I'll have to assume you have nothing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did you want to wear a mask that actually kept you safe and was not just a sign a liberal compliance? Too bad, they have forced you to be less safe. If you get COVID at UPS save this image for your court date!

If anyone glues a miniature bandana to the exhaust hole of an N95 and wears it to work, make sure you post a picture here!

View attachment 327789
70 percent of covid cases wore a mask!

Spanky250

yeah what happened to not having PCM? We have been daily PCM so they can harass us over the flavor the month. Someone called them out on it a few weeks back.

hey i thought we were not supposed to be doing PCM right now. center manager: Mind your own business and get to work

I just don't go to them. When asked why I say because I'm not standing in a large group of shoulder to shoulder people, half of whom won't wear masks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol check this out. Shortest studies ever apparently.
F32F21B3-13F6-4E64-9326-34DE8BB0B39C.jpeg

F32F21B3-13F6-4E64-9326-34DE8BB0B39C.jpeg