UPS beats FedEx !

Brownforall

in the Daytona 500. 16th and 17th place respectively.. Dale Earnhardt Jr went from 10th to 2nd in the last lap to almost win it! Congrats to all.

bad company

semi-pro
Ragan could have had a top 5 finish but he fell back from 4th place. He is charged with an avoidable near-miss caused by failure to aim high in steering.

Brownforall

Those last lap cautions really made this race exciting. I would have loved to see Jr. pull it off, but I like McMurray too.

Excellent last few laps to a 6-hour race. Do you think they're going to have to repave Daytona, or is the damage just from the recent rain? What a tremendous track - I'm sure it'll be great once again for the July race.

Dale Earnhardt Jr went from 10th to 2nd in the last lap to almost win it! Congrats to all.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
The pavement on the track was an embarrassment. the Superbowl of Stock Car racing stopped because the track came up. Rain,cold,no excuse. Nascar makes enough money to get it right.
I was glad to see McMurray get the win.

helenofcalifornia

Though the crowd would have erupted with a very loud cheer if Jr. did win. He sounded kind of like sour grapes on the post race interview instead of what I thought would be a "Geez, look where I am compared to last year." Maybe Jr. will be back this year. I am glad McMurray won too. He was very appreciative.

govols019

You smell that?
I was glad to hear his "sour grapes". Finishing second sucks. I hate hearing somebody happy with finishing second. That's the mating call of a loser.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I predicted McMurray as a sleeper this season and he sure is off to a good start of makng me look good.

And I am soooooooo glad Jr. didn't win. Anybody but Junior!!

All Day

He cleary stopped using his five seeing habits in the end. I understand he was tired, but he only put in a six hour day...

JustTired

free at last.......
Jr. finished the race like his dad would have. I was glad to see that. While I wasn't a big fan of Sr., I missed him after he was gone. I think that Jrs' driving at the end is what this sport has been missing. Nascar has loosened the reigns and that is a good thing.

While I was happy for McMurray, my race was made when Jimmie broke down. Not sure who I dislike more.....Johnson or Knauss.

All in all...a very exciting race! Hopefully, this bodes well for the rest of the season.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Excellent last few laps to a 6-hour race. Do you think they're going to have to repave Daytona, or is the damage just from the recent rain? What a tremendous track - I'm sure it'll be great once again for the July race.
I think if they repave this track, you'll see some crazy action.

Dustyroads

Many of the drivers are opposed to repaving Daytona. They fear it will be supersmooth and no longer a "handling" track. I heard several drivers make that comment in the post race interview. Boyer pointed to Talladega as an example of that. I personally think Daytona is a lot better seen on TV than in person. It's so big and there is so much stuff in the infield, that it's impossible to see most of the backstretch, except in the $1,000 seats. Give me a short track any day.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Out of 6-7 hours of TV time about 20 minutes of it was worth watching. Its a good thing the Olympics were on at the same time. I couldn't believe it when they showed some idiot out there with a 10 dollar propane torch trying to get the asphalt patch to stick. Apparently there isn't anyone at that multi million dollar facility that knows crap about track repair.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I wonder if Danica's husband asks her to come to bed using that Nascar outfit? I know I know UPS vs FDX......I dunno...I like that little racing nymph.