UPS BOUND

chargerlou

Thx everyone for kind words was told they have on the spot interviews on monday morning talked with lady who war hiring said to be there 730 not 731 am. Does anyone know what on the spot interviews entail? ?

chargerlou

Thx everyone for kind words was told they have on the spot interviews on monday morning talked with lady who war hiring said to be there 730 not 731 am. Does anyone know what on the spot interviews entail? ?
was tipped off by a buddy who I know from ups who was on same rte as me but making like 31 an hour

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
After more than 3 decades I don't want anything more to do with this crappy business - regardless of the $...once I'm out of here I don't ever want to see another package, delivery vehicle (package car), CTV (feeder) courier - whatever, I don't care what the color of the uniform is. I'm done with it..
I don't blame you one bit. Same way I feel. Been looking for another job outside this BS industry myself.

Guapo

I wasn't mocking. He won't be driving any time soon. And you express folks don't know what a preload is. He's going to take a beating and im sincerely wishing him luck.

Even if he does start driving in 5 years (very doubtful). It will be another 4 before he tops out.

Good luck on the new career.

What you gotta realize is this is Texas and jobs are relatively plentiful and the fact is one of my friends from Lone Star Overnight started driving within a month-not fulltime but a cover driver working more hours than he wants.

chargerlou

I wasn't mocking. He won't be driving any time soon. And you express folks don't know what a preload is. He's going to take a beating and im sincerely wishing him luck.

Even if he does start driving in 5 years (very doubtful). It will be another 4 before he tops out.

Good luck on the new career.

What you gotta realize is this is Texas and jobs are relatively plentiful and the fact is one of my friends from Lone Star Overnight started driving within a month-not fulltime but a cover driver working more hours than he wants.
Good thing bout that as soon as he is onroad he gets paid driver pay and I was told u get health insurance after 6 month's! !

chargerlou

update

Went to on the spot interview went well experience helps! Was told need to wait till monday when manager gets back but feel confident ! Going brown sooner than later thx to all who wished me well will give updates !!!!

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Grass ain't always greener. You're trading an established courier position to become a package handler part time for 10 dollars an hour? I wouldn't count on driving for a long time. Second hand stories about a guy who knows a guy who drove after 6 months are not reliable. I've worked for FDX in a lot of areas and I've had contact with many UPS drivers. The shortest turn around from handler to road was 4 years. I think you're getting caught up in the excitement of getting away from express.

overflowed

Grass ain't always greener. You're trading an established courier position to become a package handler part time for 10 dollars an hour? I wouldn't count on driving for a long time. Second hand stories about a guy who knows a guy who drove after 6 months are not reliable. I've worked for FDX in a lot of areas and I've had contact with many UPS drivers. The shortest turn around from handler to road was 4 years. I think you're getting caught up in the excitement of getting away from express.

Ups benefits will make up the difference even at 10 bones an hour.

chargerlou

I understand thx for your conce

rns but risk is worth the reward I will post copy of w2nexr year! !!

chargerlou

Ups benefits will make up the difference even at 10 bones an hour.

Found out at interview that its 11 bones effective August due to new union deal! Gotta love the union! !

bbsam

Staff member
Thx I'm 45 so this is my mid life crises ha!!!

I'm 45 and do not envy the hell that is about to consume you. I loaded feeders for 6 years in my early twenties and can't even imagine learning to do it today. $10/hr for 4 hours a day in that heat and pressure? Stick some coal in your ass and crap a diamond every night. Seriously, good luck. It's brutal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Took me 22 months. That's really short though. This all depends on the area you are in. I wouldn't make the jump at 45 that's for sure.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Me neither starting this job at 45 shooo you got big kahunas thats for sure. Im 41 im preying to god i can make it to 55. Thats how brutal this job has gotten. Your going to find out real quick this aint the Fedex gravy train lol. Im not saying that in a bad way but i do wish you luck though. It def takes big balls to start this job at 45 i aint got nothing but respect for ya for doing it bro. The fatt check on thur makes it all worth the while. There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel on this job if you can make it.

Hate 150lb Packages

Good luck brother. If you don't mind, what will your difference in pay be, percentage wise? I know a UPS p/h, and he works harder than I ever do at fdx ground, for crappy pay. He's been there since high school and they always dangle that driving spot in front of him.

chargerlou

Me neither starting this job at 45 shooo you got big kahunas thats for sure. Im 41 im preying to god i can make it to 55. Thats how brutal this job has gotten. Your going to find out real quick this aint the Fedex gravy train lol. Im not saying that in a bad way but i do wish you luck though. It def takes big balls to start this job at 45 i aint got nothing but respect for ya for doing it bro. The fatt check on thur makes it all worth the while. There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel on this job if you can make it.
Thanks my nre mantra is "The risk is worth the rewards"