UPS Canada - JOB

abasf

I found out that a UPS facility in my area is looking for full-time drivers. I have a clean driver's record and have experience as a delivery driver (auto parts driver) and was in the military for 6 years, so i applied online and even have a friend of a friend who works there and put in a word for me. Now my question is its been 2 weeks since i applied for the position, i tried calling UPS to find the human resource department but to no avail, they just refer me to the website...

Im asking from UPS employee, what is the call back time to get an interview or an indication of approval? Considering its been 2 weeks does it mean my profile has been rejected? Is there a number to reach human resources in Montreal, Canada?

I also applied for part-time handler hoping to increase my odds of getting in.

Any insight on the approval process is welcomed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you receive any confirmation of your online application? If not, I would resubmit it or reapply. If so, I would send a follow-up e-mail requesting an update on your status. I admit that I am not that familiar with the hiring process in Canada. There is a member with the user name DS who lives near Toronto--he may be the most qualified here to help you.

BTW, I am an hour south of you in Plattsburgh.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't want to 407 !
I was tempted though.

But then again, maybe I should and here it goes :
When I applied online I received a phonecall the very next day, and the interview the day after that.
And I got 1 more day after the interview.

You probably missed the boat on this one, and they hired already as many they needed.
But, keep trying every 6 weeks. That's how long it'll take until 1 or 2 drivers quit, again.

abasf

well i got a hold of the friend of friend who works there... he told me they didnt call him either until he actually went in and got his training afterwards...

so ill go tomorrow with him at least he knows who i have to see, and he told there always looking for full-time drivers..

klein

Für Meno :)
Yes they are, just looking today for a new job on Kijiji myself, sure enough UPS is looking again in Edmonton for friend/t, p/t drivers and loaders.
You won't need to wait very long for a driver position, but compared to a parts delivery person - you'll need to step it up about 3 or 4 times more.
(workwise and pace). For you, I do hope you get to experience a UPS job. :)

abasf

im sure i can carry the work load... i used to own a car wash for 2 years... and i did my share of 10hr non stop working 7 days a week... im just looking forward to a steady job with good pay

code5

Im from Canada. Up here it is a continuous hire, even FT. You need to take a resume and a photocopy of your driver abstract and go to the center and talk to an HR person or supervisor, show them you really want the job. Go in once per week and im betting you eventually get hired

Some centers in Canada also have retrention bonuses before you hit full rate, all you got to do it show up for work

Good luck, but be warned - we earn our pay and its not as easy as you may think