UPS CEO Carol Tomé explains what ‘job number one’ has been during the pandemic

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS CEO Carol Tomé explains what ‘job number one’ has been during the pandemic - Fortune

With the holidays approaching, delivery firms like UPS move center stage—which is why Ellen McGirt and I decided to talk to UPS CEO Carol Tomé for this week’s Leadership Next podcast. Tomé took the job at the start of the pandemic after retiring from a 24-year career at Home Depot, where she ended as CFO. She had plans to live out her life on her farm in northwest Georgia. But her colleagues on the UPS board, where she was a director, had other ideas. “They came to me and said, ‘Hey Carol, we’d like you to be considered.’ And I’m like, me? Am I not too old? And they said, ‘You’re not too old.’” (For those who are wondering, Tomé is 64. That’s young in my book.)

Tomé says “job number one” during the pandemic has been taking care of the company’s half million people. UPS tracked employees’ “likelihood to recommend” as a place to work and found it sat at 51%. “That meant 49% wouldn’t recommend us as a place to work. My hair was on fire. I said no, this is not the place I want to work... So as a leadership team, we set forth a goal to get that metric to 80%.” So far, they’ve gotten it to 61%, but “we’ve got a lot more to do.”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS CEO Carol Tomé explains what ‘job number one’ has been during the pandemic - Fortune

With the holidays approaching, delivery firms like UPS move center stage—which is why Ellen McGirt and I decided to talk to UPS CEO Carol Tomé for this week’s Leadership Next podcast. Tomé took the job at the start of the pandemic after retiring from a 24-year career at Home Depot, where she ended as CFO. She had plans to live out her life on her farm in northwest Georgia. But her colleagues on the UPS board, where she was a director, had other ideas. “They came to me and said, ‘Hey Carol, we’d like you to be considered.’ And I’m like, me? Am I not too old? And they said, ‘You’re not too old.’” (For those who are wondering, Tomé is 64. That’s young in my book.)

Tomé says “job number one” during the pandemic has been taking care of the company’s half million people. UPS tracked employees’ “likelihood to recommend” as a place to work and found it sat at 51%. “That meant 49% wouldn’t recommend us as a place to work. My hair was on fire. I said no, this is not the place I want to work... So as a leadership team, we set forth a goal to get that metric to 80%.” So far, they’ve gotten it to 61%, but “we’ve got a lot more to do.”
You lost me at taking care of our people.

Karma...

Carol Tome is doing a great job in doing what she is paid to do in positive results for stock-holders no matter who they are..That matrix of 61% is improving......I am retired and I can remember when that matrix was probably 90% and I can not understand why its not 100%.......If you are unhappy with UPS get out and stop taking up room.....in other words stop crying and scram....

Carol Tome is doing a great job in doing what she is paid to do in positive results for stock-holders no matter who they are..That matrix of 61% is improving......I am retired and I can remember when that matrix was probably 90% and I can not understand why its not 100%.......If you are unhappy with UPS get out and stop taking up room.....in other words scram....
Why does a company not give us surveys anymore?

I can tell the answer because they Don't want to hear the real answer

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <breathe> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

What ABSOLUTE bullcrap lol

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

If Carol wants 80%, she had better let management only take the survey and threaten them to leave a good result. I haven't seen a survey in 7-8 years. I drop kick those bitches every time I take one. No reason to lie.

Karma...

one is not a U.P.S.E.R. until one is employed by UPS or retired and owns/buys stock......exceptions are no-shows.....I trust you agree !