UPS Circle of Honor drivers

A1A

Well driver's get the same leather jacket, some made in China plastic trinkets from the UPS catalog, a Publix cake and sandwiches and recognition by various Feeder mgmt. It used to be a big deal years ago but not anymore...

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Same here
Ive seen drivers receive their safe driving awards and walk right over to throw them in the trash can.
Safety is not #1. Absence of liability is forefront.
When you can't see out of the windows or with the mirrors because the car washing time is restricted to boost the stock price the drivers have a point.
Safety in spite of is more fitting.

542thruNthru

How do other UPS districts reward or recognize Circle of Honor drivers?

Ours get the patches and a jacket. They also get a parking spot right up front and a picture on the wall when you walk in the building.

It's the parking spot that everyone wants. Most days you have to park a block away unless you show up really early

Re-Raise

I just hit 25 yrs a couple of months ago. I work in a small center and my current center manager has only been there about 6 months.

He is actually a really nice guy(maybe too nice for UPS), but he asked me what I would like as far as recognition.

I told him that I hate the morning cake crap with a bunch of suits I don’t even know. I told him I would rather have some barbecue after work when we got in.

They catered in some barbecue and I sent out an invite to some retirees. My wife and daughter came by and my daughter snuck in a bottle of Crown Royal Peach.

It turned out to be a pretty good time!

oh yeah.. I also got the leather jacket which I don’t anticipate wearing any time soon

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get a catered Cracker Barrel breakfast, a Publix sheet cake, and the leather jacket. Family usually gets invited, in my case they did it on a Thursday morning on the exact day I hit 25 years. It was one day before I thought it would happen so my family wasn't there. Center Manager and Division Manager usually says a few words before the driver can give a little speech. After that, all the Circle of Honor drivers help the new member put the jacket on. The one perk I really like is my reserved parking space right in front of the guard shack.

rod

Retired 22 years
My Center didn't do jack :censored2: for me other than tell me to drive to Minneapolis for the ceremony. All I got was a stupid Century 21 Real estate blazer with a plastic nametag. Big friend'n deal. Nothing was mentioned at my building. What a great company.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
For whatever reason, the leather jacket wasn't one of the choices I got when I hit 25. I ended up with the Century 21 jacket. When i realized people before me and after me got the leather jackets, I asked what was going on. They told me they could get me a leather jacket, but I'd have to pay for it. I said no thanks.

rod

Retired 22 years
For whatever reason, the leather jacket wasn't one of the choices I got when I hit 25. I ended up with the Century 21 jacket. When i realized people before me and after me got the leather jackets, I asked what was going on. They told me they could get me a leather jacket, but I'd have to pay for it. I said no thanks.
Did they come in feeder size? :-) Sorry- I couldn't resist.

Last edited: