UPS Circle of Honor drivers

What'dyabringmetoday???

I joined this prestigious group shortly before retiring. They had a very nice presentation during the PCM. They hung a banner on the wall. I received a very nice leather jacket (which I recently sold on eBay), a metal license plate bracket, medallion for key ring and a personalized baseball cap. It was appropriate for the occasion.

View attachment 275459
And no mention of all of the "incidents" swept under the carpet. Lol.

Zowert

You get a leather jacket, a bunch of trinkets, your picture on the wall in the break room and a parking spot (with your name on it) right outside the gate.

During peak some seasonals have been parking in the Circle of Honor spots. Everyone saw this as a complete lack of respect, so management allowed the Circle of Honor drivers have any unauthorized vehicles towed from their spot. It only took one guy getting towed for them to stay out of their spots.

rod

Retired 22 years
I knew being the big hypocrite you are that eventually you would respond to a post of mine. So I’m no longer #1 on your “don’t interact with list” you POS?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiftless

WOW that was a long time ago?? Lets see?

They did put us up in a hotel for the night and took us on a harbor cruise dinner. Then all of us drivers and spouses met in the bar and finished up the nite. In my time with UPS that was by far the nicest party and tribute to drivers I had ever experienced. They handed me a C-21 looking salesman jacket size Medium or Large I believe. I gave it to another driver who it fit that night. Never saw another one nor did I care. Also got a glass plaque.

Unlike some, I am not bitter over how my career went at UPS! Sure there were knuckle headed people that had virtually "NO PEOPLE SKILLS" as my boss at times. But as we all knew they would disappear over time. I had some "VERY COOL" Sups, Managers and Customer's along my time there! Many still friends today! Those that wanted to butt heads? I would just "WORK AS DIRECTED" sure, had to do more time and made more money but "WAD" is the most effective tool ever taught to me by management!!! Plus I am not the type to take work stuff personal, I would just adjust to the circumstances.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

View attachment 275499 They gave me the leather jacket but somehow didn't get the banner with name hung on wall like the rest of the guys. Wasn't a surprise being the long time union steward, no cake or recognition was expected. Made myself a better jacket anyways, this one is made in America. The Chinese leather one has never been worn.

Congrats!

With all due respect (which means I can now say whatever I want), where in the world would you wear something like that?

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
We have a guy at our facility who has over 50 years of safe driving. They do not even make a patch for that. Still delivering daily. Last year UPS flew him and the driver supervisor out to Seattle to meet descendants of one of the founders.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have a guy at our facility who has over 50 years of safe driving. They do not even make a patch for that. Still delivering daily. Last year UPS flew him and the driver supervisor out to Seattle to meet descendants of one of the founders.
They should have flown him out to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada and gave him a real recognition award

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Being a Circle of Honor driver should be a real honor and I did not even come close.

In our hub it's call "safe lying" since most of the drivers who became Circle of Honor did not report accidents. A well known fact in our feeder dept. and so is a farce.

really sad since some of those guys and gals really earned it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I just hit 25 yrs a couple of months ago. I work in a small center and my current center manager has only been there about 6 months.

He is actually a really nice guy(maybe too nice for UPS), but he asked me what I would like as far as recognition.

I told him that I hate the morning cake crap with a bunch of suits I don’t even know. I told him I would rather have some barbecue after work when we got in.

They catered in some barbecue and I sent out an invite to some retirees. My wife and daughter came by and my daughter snuck in a bottle of Crown Royal Peach.

It turned out to be a pretty good time!

now that's class...
wish I could have been there.

oh yeah.. I also got the leather jacket which I don’t anticipate wearing any time soon

542thruNthru

Congrats!

With all due respect (which means I can now say whatever I want), where in the world would you wear something like that?

You could wear it anywhere. Why couldn't you? It's just like wearing a piece of clothing with your favorite team on it or college.

Just because you were ashamed of working at UPS and being a Teamster doesn't mean everyone is.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not a member of this club.
Would it make you feel better if I sent you one of these?
IMG_20191211_160054127.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 275499 They gave me the leather jacket but somehow didn't get the banner with name hung on wall like the rest of the guys. Wasn't a surprise being the long time union steward, no cake or recognition was expected. Made myself a better jacket anyways, this one is made in America. The Chinese leather one has never been worn.
A friend told me that after a few years of retirement that XL will no longer be large enough.:-)

Last edited: