UPS Circle of Honor drivers

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I did get to go to 2 of the banquets with my wife before they discontinued that. Really nice resort. Dinner and an open bar all night along with a room for one night. I also got this dust collector.
IMG_0414.jpg

Raw

Raw Member
One manager displayed football jerseys with our name on them, the next manager threw out the jerseys in the trash and our next manager told me she rode with me and has no idea how I got in Circle of Honor!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Hey, Rod, what's going on in Minnesnowda? My son told me every suit down here who didn't have an assignment to be somewhere in particular and to jump on a plane, fly up there and deliver packages out of a rental car. He said they rolled something like 3 million packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hey, Rod, what's going on in Minnesnowda? My son told me every suit down here who didn't have an assignment to be somewhere in particular and to jump on a plane, fly up there and deliver packages out of a rental car. He said they rolled something like 3 million packages.
I'm out of the loop but it don't surprise me. We've had some bad weather (snow-snow-snow) and that always slows things down. Every time you get out of your truck it seems like you had to climb over a mountain of snow to get anywhere. I hated when we got a big dumping of snow during peak. Now I just look out the window and say bring it on. More snow coming later this week they say.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet the suits just love being sent up here. The high today was 1 below :-)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I went to Chicago in the winter to see my son graduate from naval boot camp. Holy cow! I went straight to Bass Pro shop in Gurnee and told the salesperson to give me the warmest jacket you have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

oh yeah.. I also got the leather jacket which I don’t anticipate wearing any time soon

Other than trying it on I never wore mine. One day I was looking through my closet and I asked myself what I was going to do with it. Posted it on eBay and sold it to a retired UPSer from Indiana.

I will admit that the leather jacket is much better than the Century 21 gold jackets they used to give out.

brownelf

image.jpeg
They gave me the leather jacket but somehow didn't get the banner with name hung on wall like the rest of the guys. Wasn't a surprise being the long time union steward, no cake or recognition was expected. Made myself a better jacket anyways, this one is made in America. The Chinese leather one has never been worn.

Last edited: