UPS.com 'Accepting applications for x'

brown_trousers

There is no shortage of full time jobs here at UPS. every month they post a new "emergency" full time driver bid, because they have exhausted the PT to FT list and cant find any more part timers wanting the full time work.

Drukof

Is that due to a high turnover of novice drivers? I drive a bus right now and we're constantly hemorrhaging new hires, probably 7/10 or more don't last a year.

MrBates

@MrBates That's pretty much what I figured before, and why I asked. I'm just applying to a wide number across the US and hoping for the best.

Its all about timing too. I can only tell you what I saw. UPS is notorious for stringing people along until there is truly a need to fill a position. With that said, last year after a dry spell of laying off seasonals and disqualifying 3 people in a row, we had multiple drivers retire, and our center suddenly qualified 3 people all at once. If UPS needs you they will find a way to qualify you, if they are on the fence, you pretty much have to have the numbers of a superstar to get in.