UPS Delivery truck hit car - and left.

TheKid

Don't you love the A-Holes that double park, and you cannot get through. I will time my last day at UPS around one of these. I have wonderful dreams about plowing through double parked cars, knocking off mirrors, and sparks flying as I barrel through. Ohh Happy day!
Like the scene in Smokey and the Bandit when Snowman runs over all the motorcycles

oldngray

nowhere special
How many times have you had a customer get upset just because you parked close to their car and were afraid you would hit them? They have no idea how close package cars get parked to each other at night and drivers spend all day parking in tight situations.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Still confuses me how a driver would have his truck do that and just go on like nothing happened. Telematics is there and can save your job or lose it by what the driver does after an incident.

It takes quite the fool to leave that scene if it indeed happened. Being reprimanded is better than getting pink slipped.

If my car was hit in a parking lot, I'd just call my insurance company and let them handle it. I'd sure as hell not care if my ex-wife's car got hit.
I agree but a lot of guys don't come back from a roll-away.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I started it was wash every night whether they needed it or not. That changed to only wash when they are dirty which was just a big money savings move. That then went to no point in washing them if it is sloppy out since they will quickly get dirty anyway, then to the current wash them "whenever".
We have car wash guys and a car wash on site but they rarely wash them in the winter so if I have a light day I'll run it through. Lately with the roads narrowed to the point of being a sidewalk from the snow my route is taking forever and my truck is saltier than a salt shaker.

mdnj88

And a sip wasn't with him?

If this is in fact the guy I'm thinking of, no he was by himself already. May have been day 3 after sup trained him. From what I heard, they didn't realize it was him for a few days until the cops showed up to our building. Then finally the guy admitted it.