UPS Discounts on Shipping

alc

Hello all,

I recently took the tour to become a package handler at two different centers. The first center told me that employees do not receive a discount on UPS shipping. The second center informed me that a shipping discount was not standard but is possible after being hired.

I would be happy to sweat it out as a PT package handler for a larger discount on our shipping. Our sales rep has not been helpful with giving us an aggressive discount at our current volume.

Has anyone been successful in negotiating a shipping discount in the 40% range as an employee?

AC

ups79

hello all,

i recently took the tour to become a package handler at two different centers. The first center told me that employees do not receive a discount on ups shipping. The second center informed me that a shipping discount was not standard but is possible after being hired.

I would be happy to sweat it out as a pt package handler for a larger discount on our shipping. Our sales rep has not been helpful with giving us an aggressive discount at our current volume.

Has anyone been successful in negotiating a shipping discount in the 40% range as an employee?

Ac

you might be able to get that discount if you are willing to work for nothing.

Negotiate a rate discount as an employee??? Good luck! As far as I know, the employee discount is 0%.

You might try working at one of the D.O.'s or G.O.'s where you could probably hijack Worldship or Campusship for a 100% discount.

alc

Thank you all, We did look into the eBay discount. When we inquired it was in the mid-20's and applied only to heavier packages. Plus, you had to use PayPal to print the labels. We currently average about $1800 a month with UPS. A significant amount to us but inconsequential compared to the large UPS accounts. DHL or FedEx would save us another 20%. USPS would save even more on the small items. We like the UPS software and service. We really do not want to change but we need to remain competitive. If we received a larger discount we could probably increase our sales and sustain a larger volume. We will have to start spreading the shipments around. Thanks again.

drewed

Shankman
try a different sales rep, lay it out to him give him figures on roughly what kind of increase youre talking about, but approach him as a coworker first then a possible business

BrownSuit

Hello all,

I recently took the tour to become a package handler at two different centers. The first center told me that employees do not receive a discount on UPS shipping. The second center informed me that a shipping discount was not standard but is possible after being hired.

I would be happy to sweat it out as a PT package handler for a larger discount on our shipping. Our sales rep has not been helpful with giving us an aggressive discount at our current volume.

AC

First, don't give Looper your contact information. He doesn't need the sales lead :funny:

Second, I know people in BD who can't even get a discount on their shipping that they do on the side. So if the Sales People can't get discounts, buddy, I've got news for you, you won't either. That's 0% for the sales people who set the discounts.

As far as 40% Discount on shipping, I'm not sure what your smoking, but I wouldn't mind having some. That's unheard of at least at Big Brown. Try DHL and let me know how it goes when you try shipping to Maine, Alabama, or North Dakota. Be sure to advertise that you only ship to certain states with DHL.

Do you realize what your asking for?

If you're doing that well that your spending $1800 a month with UPS, why exactly are you getting a PT job as a loader?

BTW, There is NO shipping discount for employees except that they would receive showing their ID at a UPS Store.

kelsokid18

UPGF Grunt
BTW, There is NO shipping discount for employees except that they would receive showing their ID at a UPS Store.

You better stand corrected, there is NO discount period! I tried flashing my ID, and they told me that there were no discounts, unless the girl behind the counter was just being a pain!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You better stand corrected, there is NO discount period! I tried flashing my ID, and they told me that there were no discounts, unless the girl behind the counter was just being a pain!
I have one UPS store here that will give me a discount. The other one will not. :dont_know:

Dustyroads

Here, the UPS store will give you discounts on copying servcies, but no discounts on shipping. It's been a long standing ups policy, no discounts or freebees on shipping, not for anybody.