UPS doesn't recognize street address

ratjeev

How is it possible neither ups nor USPS recognize the address of a major company like TiVo

Corporate HQ at 2160 Gold St in Alviso, CA 95002. It lists a po box but its actually a physical street address. Google maps shows this address as San Jose. Strange.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your question doesn't make any sense. I clicked on the link and there is nothing wrong with that address. With zip +4 if you have a P.O. Box that number is added to your zip code. For UPS deliveries a street address is provided.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How is it possible neither ups nor USPS recognize the address of a major company like TiVo

Corporate HQ at 2160 Gold St in Alviso, CA 95002. It lists a po box but its actually a physical street address. Google maps shows this address as San Jose. Strange.

Your point is?

UPSGUY72

Maybe you should call Tivo and ask them. If your having a problem shipping something to them I'm sure it has happen before and they will have the correct answer and shipping address for You. The building at 2160 gold St appears to be an office building and not a production site.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Could that be just the call center/customer service? They don't handle returns, most likely. I know a lot of places I buy from have a different return address from where you purchased the item.

UPSGUY72

Could that be just the call center/customer service? They don't handle returns, most likely. I know a lot of places I buy from have a different return address from where you purchased the item.

If you look from google earth 2160 is made up of two building sitting in the back corner of a small business park next to a mobile home park. It appears to be just a office location as you said maybe a call center. If doesn't appear to be a production center as there is no real noticeable dock area.

That address is a a customer support address according to the Tivo warehouse.

Corporate headquarters
2160 Gold Street
P.O. Box 2160
Alviso, CA 95002-2160
Phone: (408) 519-9100
Fax: (408) 519-5330

UPSGUY72

Ups.com doesn't recognize this address when trying to create a shipment

According to TiVo is you need to return something to you first have to get there permission. As they don't give out a return merchandise address. However I believe that they do have a place in TX where they do take returns.

TiVo offers a 30-day Money Back Guarantee for all items purchased directly from TiVo. You may return an item for any reason within 30 days of your purchase date to receive a full refund.* Just contact TiVo Customer Support for approval and instructions. All returns must be approved by TiVo

barnyard

KTM rider
Just contact TiVo Customer Support for approval and instructions. All returns must be approved by TiVo

There you go.

That may be an address that UPS knows will not accept returns, so World Ship will not let you create a label for that address because they do not accept deliveries there.