UPS driver accused of driving under the influence

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver accused of driving under the influence - myarklamiss.com

According to a news release from the West Carroll Sheriff’s Office, they received a complaint of a UPS driver who appeared to be driving under the influence on August 16, 2018.

A deputy located the UPS truck near Oak Grove and noticed the driver swerving from side to side.

A traffic stop was initiated and the deputy identified the driver to be Skyla Hall from Winnsboro, LA. Hall submitted to a series of field sobriety tests and performed poorly indicating impairment.

At that time, Hall was arrested, and a backpack containing Hall’s personal belongings was found in the truck.

Deputies searched the backpack and found 7 hydrocodone pills in the coin pocket of Hall’s wallet.

oldngray

nowhere special
She's only 27.

Skyla%20Hall_1534522558714.jpg_52210168_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

... but a lot of hard miles.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I didn't read the article so it may have been address. Was the bulkhead secure? Police has the right to go back there but I thought a sup and UPS security has to be on the scene.

browned out

The opioid epidemic is still out of control...a problem that is being addressed and hopefully will soon be under control.

At least she did not kill or injury anyone.

I wonder what her discharge was for before this incident.

Look for an increase in this type of incident if the 22.4s position turns into a reality.

Brisket

I didn't read the article so it may have been address. Was the bulkhead secure? Police has the right to go back there but I thought a sup and UPS security has to be on the scene.

Why?! Sounds like probable cause and they can search since they are the trained experts in impaired driving. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer-lol)

bbsam

Staff member
Lol. WAGN.

Y’all are awfully understanding. If it was Jerome Washington with $100 worth of crack, would you sing the same tune?

El Correcto

god is dead
It wouldn’t surprise me if there were a lot more drivers who operate these trucks under the influence of painkillers.

I know of some drivers in my center with chronic pain conditions from work related injuries.