UPS driver doing a route blind

FilingBluesFL

They won't let some guys go out blind here anymore.

Here, they only have certain people that they let out on routes blind.

They had one guy go out on three different routes blind consecutively. When I try to bump people on to routes I don't want to do, it's like the end of the world, "WELL HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT ROUTE, IT WILL BE A DISASTER!!!"

"Well, you had this other person out on 3 different routes blind, this person can do it, too."

They throw a huge hissy fit, but I usually get my way if I want it bad enough.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just wondering if my center manager can send me out on a route blind if I don't want them to. I have done routes with one day of training, but I don't want to start doing them blind because I know that they will start doing that to me all the time.
If you blow them up deep into the night super late I bet they wont put you back on it again. Strategy son LIVE IT LEARN IT LIKE IT= YOU WIN THE GAME lol.

542thruNthru

I can't believe people actually learn every new route with someone on car with them. Only time I ever had someone with me was my first day going driving. I know 27 routes now. It not that hard and if you have some trouble and need some help let them know. My On-roads would laugh in your face if you demanded someone ride with you.

robot

Has A Large Member
Fun times! I remember my package car days fondly. Swing driving for 6 years. Learned every route in my center (around 30) and 2-3 in each of the other 7 centers. Only had a supe ride me with like 4 times

By the 3rd day you'll have the route down. You'll def remember when you go to the wrong docks/doors and remember the places that took you forever to find

P

pickup

Oh young padawan you will learn there is no such thing as doing a route blind. You are guided by something innate in each one of us that drives you forward.

I think I saw that Jim Casey quote on the way to a bathroom in some hub.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just wondering if my center manager can send me out on a route blind if I don't want them to. I have done routes with one day of training, but I don't want to start doing them blind because I know that they will start doing that to me all the time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
mark-car.gif

billerz

The one thing I'm worried about really is missing business or air. The way the routes are optimized now, with Orion plus dispatch putting as many stops as they can, the bid drivers don't make it back until 730. I don't really have time to not find something.

Coalminer2005

Here, they only have certain people that they let out on routes blind.

They had one guy go out on three different routes blind consecutively. When I try to bump people on to routes I don't want to do, it's like the end of the world, "WELL HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT ROUTE, IT WILL BE A DISASTER!!!"

"Well, you had this other person out on 3 different routes blind, this person can do it, too."

They throw a huge hissy fit, but I usually get my way if I want it bad enough.
Those who can. Do. Those who can't. Don't. Management figures that out quickly and takes advantage of that. I covered 11 different routes in 6 months. Another driver learned 2 in a year.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Earlier this summer I had a two week stretch on ten different routes, with eight of those being blind. It's all about your attitude going into it. I take every new route as a challenge to be conquered.

8000Shelf

The one thing I'm worried about really is missing business or air. The way the routes are optimized now, with Orion plus dispatch putting as many stops as they can, the bid drivers don't make it back until 730. I don't really have time to not find something.

Just DR it if you get there after 5.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All you rookies may not have a problem with running routes in the blind or covering routes, but give it about 5 years and youll get real sick of it real quick trust me lol.