UPS driver drowns saving his kids

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Condolences to his family. As a father I know as tragic as this is, we all could only be as fortunate to be there in our families time of need. RIP brother.

542thruNthru

If anyone is interested, here's a good video that explains ways to avoid drowning due to a rip current.

We were always told don't panic and to let the current take you out and then swim parallel with the beach. Of course that's all easier said then done sometimes.

Condolences to the family. RIP brother.

oldngray

nowhere special
We were always told don't panic and to let the current take you out and then swim parallel with the beach. Of course that's all easier said then done sometimes.

I always heard don't panic and try to fight it. Try to ride it out if you can.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

I remember wandering to beaches with friends as small teenagers and some of the level headed older shredders straight up getting mad at us for being in that water with no board, intention or ability to “ride.” It was a very serious “wtf are you doing here, leave now little man” vibe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Very easy to start panicking when your kids' lives are on the line. A great effort in saving them.