UPS driver in NYC secures thousands of medical masks to protect coworkers and customers from coronav

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I doubt any of brothers and sisters over there in NYC will even consider anything in that article. Imagine if the management there tried to point to that article.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wait, are you suggesting frontline healthcare workers saving lives are more important than people stacking cardboard?

View attachment 288949

giphy (10).gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

He talks about wearing masks helping, and says that everyone in Korea wears masks, but he doesn't specifically say healthy people wearing masks helps. Sick people wearing masks, however, does help. If you want to optimize the prophylactic effectiveness of the masks, for everyone, save them for sick people and medical professionals. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:

no_map_needed

He talks about wearing masks helping, and says that everyone in Korea wears masks, but he doesn't specifically say healthy people wearing masks helps. Sick people wearing masks, however, does help. If you want to optimize the prophylactic effectiveness of the masks, for everyone, save them for sick people and medical professionals. It's pretty simple.

He is talking about everyone in general. Sick or not the point is to lower risk around other people. So you basically won't be satisfied unless that hub in NYC returns all the masks they just purchased because you seem to have a problem with it.

no_map_needed

They should send them to a hospital.

You go tell them that lol. The hospitals there have enough PPE at this moment for a couple weeks and are purchasing more everyday according to Cuomo. I even posted a link for aliexpress where you can buy masks right now. It's not 3M like everyone wants but if you want to wear a mask no one should be able to stop you based on whatever beliefs. Just don't hoard for no reason.

no_map_needed

It's hard to get tested even if you have the virus right now. Some of the people posting in the forums probably have the virus and don't even know it. How many in the hubs? If you want to wear a mask go for it because it can only help in these times.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He is talking about everyone in general. Sick or not the point is to lower risk around other people. So you basically won't be satisfied unless that hub in NYC returns all the masks they just purchased because you seem to have a problem with it.

How is this suddenly about my satisfaction? It's about the facts, and facts don't care about your feelings. I have provided expert testimony that is logically sound and supported by the Mayo Clinic, the CDC and the WHO that healthy people wearing masks is not necessary and may actually cause more harm than good.

You seem to have a problem with that, and will only be satisfied when you dig up an interview where the person being interviewed does not explicitly state that healthy people wearing masks helps prevent them from catching a disease to justify your superstitious and pathological germophobia. I'm not one to judge, just calling it like it is.

no_map_needed

It doesn't matter healthy or not it's about reducing risk. Why do you think the hub ordered the masks. I am not against the OP or anyone that wants to wear masks healthy or not. If you don't want to wear a mask that's fine but there is no need to try to convince others to do the same for any reason.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The building that those masks were secured for is the biggest hotspot in the whole entire country. Queens,NY. My job takes me there twice a week. I don’t blame them one bit for buying them. The area this building services is not a place you want to be right now. It’s a war zone.

Have you seen a little short Italian guy used to be a feeder driver wondering around looking for the package dispatch office

probably has a cannoli in one hand cheap cigar in the other

Indecisi0n

Ummmm.... unless those are air tight masks with filters (which for the price, I'm guessing not), they are only meant to be worn by sick people to help prevent the spread. Healthy people are more likely to get sick wearing them than not. And people who actually need them can't get them now. I guess what people think is more important than the truth.

I wonder if UPS will let me work with an army surplus protective mask.

View attachment 288939
This is odd. Someone who actually does research!

Like mentioned wearing one of these mask is almost useless. If anything give these to a hospital for sick people to help stop the spread to healthy workers.