(UPS Driver ) New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

crazyeyes

New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

vistar_fatal_with_ambulance-1535511504-2114.jpg

BOLINGBROOK, IL - A 55-year-old man from New Lenox died Tuesday evening in Bolingbrook after authorities say he was caught between two trucks and one of the trucks began rolling. On Wednesday morning, the Bolingbrook Police Department announced that the victim was identified as Thomas Mulka, a resident of New Lenox. The incident happened in the 100 block of East Crossroads Parkway, which was the location of the Vistar business. The fatality involved a UPS truck

rickyb

New Lenox Man Crushed To Death At Loading Dock

vistar_fatal_with_ambulance-1535511504-2114.jpg

BOLINGBROOK, IL - A 55-year-old man from New Lenox died Tuesday evening in Bolingbrook after authorities say he was caught between two trucks and one of the trucks began rolling. On Wednesday morning, the Bolingbrook Police Department announced that the victim was identified as Thomas Mulka, a resident of New Lenox. The incident happened in the 100 block of East Crossroads Parkway, which was the location of the Vistar business. The fatality involved a UPS truck
how did this happen?

i used to work on the railway and alot of the danger was they were too cheap to design the equipment safely

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am seeing a lot of feeder-involved mishaps in the news lately... Maybe it's a result of hiring off the street. Truckers in the US (especially logging trucks) have a notoriously awful track record. Most are used to getting paid by the mile. Incentivized unsafe driving.

rickyb

I am seeing a lot of feeder-involved mishaps in the news lately... Maybe it's a result of hiring off the street. Truckers in the US (especially logging trucks) have a notoriously awful track record. Most are used to getting paid by the mile. Incentivized unsafe driving.
i read trucking industry was deregulated

i heard something about nafta allowing dangerous drivers from mexico to drive in america

Indecisi0n

I am very careful when beside or around trailers. I don't like when guys hook/unhook up while I am cranking landing gear or walking g between tractors.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I also know that mgt has been dogging on drivers about pull times....and some of these newer drivers, especially guys that only were pc drivers for a year or two still have that go go mentality....this is also part of the problem

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The chances of him getting down off the dock and to the airlines before it hit something was zero... when someone panics their mind can do very strange things that they usually would never think about EVER following through on...so sad

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The chances of him getting down off the dock and to the airlines before it hit something was zero... when someone panics their mind can do very strange things that they usually would never think about EVER following through on...so sad
I wasn’t there. Allegedly that’s what happened. It doesn’t really matter now, what’s done is done. Prayers to his family.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's those 'runner' feeder drivers.