UPS Earn and Learn will not pay me a penny?

craftspace234

I signed up with the Earn and Learn program with UPS since that's the only education assistance program they have for twlight sort.

Anyways I just found out that they do not reimburse me a single penny if financial aid already pays for my tuition :/. Which really sucks because I was expecting 1500 bucks per semester I had.

Anyways I wanted to know if can I get anything out of Earn and Learn if I already have financial aid paying for my entire tuition? Anything at all? I seriously am thinking about switching to day or night sort for the other tuition assistance program they have. I think its called CRCP or something similar. However this would mess up my whole schedule and I don't know if thats worth doing.

Any help is appreciated

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
I signed up with the Earn and Learn program with UPS since that's the only education assistance program they have for twlight sort.

Anyways I just found out that they do not reimburse me a single penny if financial aid already pays for my tuition :/. Which really sucks because I was expecting 1500 bucks per semester I had.

Anyways I wanted to know if can I get anything out of Earn and Learn if I already have financial aid paying for my entire tuition? Anything at all? I seriously am thinking about switching to day or night sort for the other tuition assistance program they have. I think its called CRCP or something similar. However this would mess up my whole schedule and I don't know if thats worth doing.

Any help is appreciated

Earn and Learn is designed to reimburse you for cost that you bear out of pocket towards your education not give you a supplemental income on top of financial aid, which you stated you receive and it covers all cost. With that being said there is nothing to reimburse to you personally as you paid nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Any help is appreciated

If you're receiving grants, Earn and Learn will reimburse you minus what your grants cover.

If you're receiving only student loans, Earn and Learn should reimburse you the full $1,500.

When I turned 24 and finally started receiving Pell Grants (the government expected my parents, one of which was unemployed for 3+ years, to help me until I magically turned 24... go figure) then my Earn and Learn reimbursement amounts plummeted.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you're receiving grants, Earn and Learn will reimburse you minus what your grants cover.

If you're receiving only student loans, Earn and Learn should reimburse you the full $1,500.

When I turned 24 and finally started receiving Pell Grants (the government expected my parents, one of which was unemployed for 3+ years, to help me until I magically turned 24... go figure) then my Earn and Learn reimbursement amounts plummeted.
I know people would take advantage of the system but there needs to be a better set up for kids that receive no help from their parents.

My wife never received a dime from her parents for school. Us getting married going really helped but there needs to be a better way.

Last edited:

Fedex Guy

Any help is appreciated

LMAO, UPS screws up payroll all the time and that's when you're actually working for a paycheck. Good luck getting money from them for nothing.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

craftspace234

Money for nothing?

Yes. CRCP is a tuition assistance program ups offers that helps pay for college. Giving you 300-500 bucks a month even if you already have financial aid paying for your stuff.

Problem is that it is only offered to day and night sort. I'm twlight so I only get the earn and learn program :/

They are in need of staffing for day and night so they offer something like that to get more people.

Not sure I understand...Financial aid is already covering your tuition....so UPS should pay for the same classes that are already paid for?

Read above post

Just looking for free money. Always worth a shot. Lol.

Read above post

So how you feel about being a sup now , already got screwed and you just started

LOL what does this have to do with sup? I have been trying to get college tuition assistance from ups ever since I was a loader. It has nothing to do with being management. Know what you are talking about before you tap that keyboard babe ;)

And I actually love being a sup. It's not a hard job. People just make it out to be much harder than it really is lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes. CRCP is a tuition assistance program ups offers that helps pay for college. Giving you 300-500 bucks a month even if you already have financial aid paying for your stuff.

Problem is that it is only offered to day and night sort. I'm twlight so I only get the earn and learn program :/

They are in need of staffing for day and night so they offer something like that to get more people.

Read above post

Read above post

LOL what does this have to do with sup? I have been trying to get college tuition assistance from ups ever since I was a loader. It has nothing to do with being management. Know what you are talking about before you tap that keyboard babe ;)

And I actually love being a sup. It's not a hard job. People just make it out to be much harder than it really is lol.
2014-06-26-02-23-17-914838870.jpeg