UPS exploring same day delivery

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Says the guy who was going to sell his stock about a year or 100 points ago. lol :devil3:

Eh, I lost out on a few grand, but I had a reason to sell. It was only 40 pts ago, but the stocks dipping again anyway. I figured on selling since I didn't actually think they'd figure this out. Apparently UPS loves getting free business advice from the ole zubster. I blame @TearsInRain for stealing my ideas and running them up the chain. :laughing:

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Eh, I lost out on a few grand, but I had a reason to sell. It was only 40 pts ago, but the stocks dipping again anyway. I figured on selling since I didn't actually think they'd figure this out. Apparently UPS loves getting free business advice from the ole zubster. I blame @TearsInRain for stealing my ideas and running them up the chain. :laughing:
Ahh, I was just jerkin your chain. :teethy:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ahh, I was just jerkin your chain. :teethy:
rs_350x175-130503164414-lochte-1.gif

worldwide

At one time UPS did offer same day service to major cities but it was REALLY expensive. You more or less bought a seat on a commercial plane for your shipment. I think it had to go out before 10:00 am or something like that.
The service still exists - it's called Express Critical and is available 24/7, domestic or international. Essentially next flight out or next drive available - whatever gets it to the destination the fastest based on what the customer is willing to pay.

Scuba_Steve

There might be a market out there to offer a service at a reasonable cost for small/medium businesses who want to compete with Amazon etc., but where it is not reasonable for them to start their own delivery service. It is worth the company exploring I would think. This is essentially what started UPS, delivering for local merchants to customers.