UPS Getting Way Too Cheap

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Taking away the turkey was a wake up call. I remember complaining about it and trying to tell people if we give an inch they will take a mile.
Most people at the time thought it no big deal.

UPS had no real competition. They had so much cash they didn't know what to do with it all.

Now they have competition.

Safe driving awards and turkeys are nothing compared to $40 an hour, full medical and full pension.

They can keep their safe driving awards and turkeys if they think that will help them balance the budget.

As for the calendars, I rarely ever saw one hung up at a business.

I know where my priorities are.

Try and take away my money, my medical or my pension...

we will go to war.

Dough99

DA18DF20-3B27-4AD7-B34D-0E7D65B864B3.png

Heavy Package

First they take away my turkey.
Next they take away my turkey coupon.
Now they are not giving away calenders.
Where does it end?

We must always remember that we are overpaid for what we do. The rising costs of Union labor and our lucrative benefits package mean sacrifices and cuts must be made elsewhere in the company to make up for the greatest labor contract ever that went into effect earlier this year.

What'dyabringmetoday???

UPS had no real competition. They had so much cash they didn't know what to do with it all.

Safe driving awards and turkeys are nothing compared to $40 an hour, full medical and full pension.

They can keep their safe driving awards and turkeys if they think that will help them balance the budget.

we will go to war.
I hope that your pension survives. Ours is going down by the head.

Justaloader

I was talking with guys in my hub that have been there for years - said they used to give out tshirts, hats, gloves, all kinds of stuff like that. I would figure they would do that kind of thing - helps employee morale if even just a little bit, and helps with brand recognition / advertising. Also said they would bring in lunch / dinner on random days during peak as a "thank you" for everyone busting their ass to get things done.....said all that ended a few years ago when the management team changed out. Also said HR used to come down out of the offices and visit / talk with people, see how things were going, etc. Now? Hell even if you go into HR's office - it's hard to find people. They hide!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

we will go to war.
Go to war?

We vote the contract down and our own leadership overrides our decision?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I hope that your pension survives. Ours is going down by the head.

I hope so too, but it is not UPS's fault, per se.

If they tried to take the pension away, that's a different story.

Go to war?

We vote the contract down and our own leadership overrides our decision?

The majority of the members didn't vote it down. The majority of those who voted did vote it down, but that has been hashed over more than it should have been.

If the Company tried to take the pension, medical or wages away, I believe the majority of the membership would be voting.