UPS Getting Way Too Cheap

542thruNthru

If the Company tried to take the pension, medical or wages away, I believe the majority of the membership would be voting.

I disagree, sort of.
I believe our leadership would not even let us vote.

They are not going to leave something like our pension in the hands of the membership.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I disagree, sort of.
I believe out leadership would not even let us vote.

They are not going to leave something like out pension in the hands of the membership.

Touche.

But, if they get any more corrupt than they are, and if push came to shove, and if.......lose pension or lose medical or lose wages....the membership would vote.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
They don’t really care about the customer unless it’s a very large shipper
We don’t care about the residential customers either, that might have to change quickly due to competition and the convience of not shopping in a store.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I hope so too, but it is not UPS's fault, per se.

If they tried to take the pension away, that's a different story.

The majority of the members didn't vote it down. The majority of those who voted did vote it down, but that has been hashed over more than it should have been.

If the Company tried to take the pension, medical or wages away, I believe the majority of the membership would be voting.
A non-vote is a vote for whatever the majority does. In our case we the majority voted it down. Leadership decided to ignore us.

Heavy Package

We have calendars, tons of them. I’ve been giving them out to my favorite customers.

We just got them too! Here's the pic of Dec 2020

upload_2019-12-13_19-50-57.jpeg

And October 2020 Dubai Expo!

images

We have 1000's of them that just came with our late air today!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Your 2019 calendar is reusable in:
2030, 2041, 2047, 2058, 2069, 2075, 2086, 2097, 2109, and 2115.

Not all is lost. Beg for the UPS calendars back from the customers and then give them back in 10 years.

rocket man

Ups owned the turkey farm. I found out the first year I started Norbest
one time I really agree with UPS half the guys complained the turkeys were too small then one year they gave us Publix gift cards to get a turkey half the people did not use them. Once I don't blame the company for saying just friend* it by your own we will double time plus 8 hours on the day after Thanksgiving you can afford it

one time I really agree with UPS half the guys complained the turkeys were too small then one year they gave us Publix gift cards to get a turkey half the people did not use them. Once I don't blame the company for saying just friend* it by your own we will double time plus 8 hours on the day after Thanksgiving you can afford it
It's not about the turkey. It's about the disconnect between the company and the employees.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I hope so too, but it is not UPS's fault, per se.

If they tried to take the pension away, that's a different story.

The majority of the members didn't vote it down. The majority of those who voted did vote it down, but that has been hashed over more than it should have been.

I agree that it is not UPS's fault. But I disagree that more would get involved if they threatened to "take it away". Exactly why we are where we are- in general the membership does not care or has given up on this awful union.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I agree that it is not UPS's fault. But I disagree that more would get involved if they threatened to "take it away". Exactly why we are where we are- in general the membership does not care or has given up on this awful union.

I don't know. Most of the non voters really don't care about the small stuff, or the things they don't understand. If you try and take away their money, pension or healthcare, I think they would voice their concern through their vote.

JustDeliverIt

I don't know. Most of the non voters really don't care about the small stuff, or the things they don't understand. If you try and take away their money, pension or healthcare, I think they would voice their concern through their vote.

Unfortunately, it shouldn't come to that to get members to vote. I'm not going to sit here and think that every part timer with 6 months or less is going to vote. Reality of the situation is they are not. But if you have decided to stick with this job, either as a PT second income or possibly making a career out of it you should have an understanding. Many don't. Some FT guys still don't, although those are fewer.

Reality is each vote is important to our livelihood and the small stuff that is taken now will add up to big stuff down the road. The company chips away each time, asking for a lot and settling for some every contract. And with this last vote, those who didn't quite understand what was going on now feel the vote doesn't matter since the union, even after the company expeted to go back to the table, pushed it through. Going to be a tough sell going forward no matter who is leading the IBT next contract talk.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
That’s true but it really was something you were proud of the company for actually caring about everyone. Felt good to be a part of a great company. Now they dropped the ball and the morale is at its lowest along with the sense of pride which causes the employee not to care.