UPS Harassment

ProudUPSER_SmartHub

I'm being harassed at the Smart Hub by a fellow co worker in my Dept daily since 2/22 Friday after reporting to my full time Sup that a co worker was under the influence of alcohol. He didnt attempt to resolve the issue, so I made a report to the on-site security team & the Fulton County Sheriff that's also in our facility, spoken with my Teamsters Union Rep 4 times and 2/26 I contacted a law firm in Atlanta Georgia that specializes in work place harassment. Grievance filed, Sup resolution? Write up for me for 2 days of car trouble , that I missed work stuck at 4am on the road. I have all documented car tow bills and text messages to my part time Sup. Retaliation . I can't work in a hostile work environment created by my Sup by putting the harasser back iny Dept to further harass me. I love my job, but can't deal with the defamation, disrespect or harassment. Any advice?

RolloTony Brown Town

I'm being harassed at the Smart Hub by a fellow co worker in my Dept daily since 2/22 Friday after reporting to my full time Sup that a co worker was under the influence of alcohol. He didnt attempt to resolve the issue, so I made a report to the on-site security team & the Fulton County Sheriff that's also in our facility, spoken with my Teamsters Union Rep 4 times and 2/26 I contacted a law firm in Atlanta Georgia that specializes in work place harassment. Grievance filed, Sup resolution? Write up for me for 2 days of car trouble , that I missed work stuck at 4am on the road. I have all documented car tow bills and text messages to my part time Sup. Retaliation . I can't work in a hostile work environment created by my Sup by putting the harasser back iny Dept to further harass me. I love my job, but can't deal with the defamation, disrespect or harassment. Any advice?

Quit

ProudUPSER_SmartHub

I would prefer if possible to be relocated back to the location I was originally trained at Marvin Miller. Quitting isn't a solution when I'm not the one entering the facility drunk. I respect my job & their policies.

542thruNthru

What did your lawyer say? I would be seeking advice from a professional not people on a forum.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Sounds like you exasperated all avenues and all you can do is show up on time and keep filing grievances and telling your BA what's going on. Nothing you can do but keep pushing the issue until its resolved or quit or move back to your old building.

542thruNthru

I'm not seeking legal advice on the forum just advice from any others experiencing what I am. My lawyer scheduled a consultation

UPS doesn't care about its employees or their feelings. All UPS cares about is Money.

From the sounds of it you've done everything you can. Let your lawyer figure out what's best. Other then that your only option is to apply for a education transfer or quit.

Box Ox

Quitting isn't a solution when I'm not the one entering the facility drunk.

If you know your co-worker is drunk, how do others not? Or do they just not care? Is there the smell of alcohol on his breath? Is he handling packages with one hand while holding a beer with the other?

I'd think someone working the belt drunk would be a big liability for the Company. Would have been pulled off the belt and told to sleep it off in his car at the very least at my center.

ProudUPSER_SmartHub

If you know your co-worker is drunk, how do others not? Or do they just not care? Is there the smell of alcohol on his breath? Is he handling packages with one hand while holding a beer with the other?

I'd think someone working the belt drunk would be a big liability for the Company. Would have been pulled off the belt and told to sleep it off in his car at the very least at my center.
I smelled it on her breath plus she admitted she had a shot of liquor before she got irrate cursing at me because it's also a issue of my Dept not getting the 10 minute breaks.

542thruNthru

Yes but this is the south. Nothing down there but a bunch of drunks. ;)

Box Ox

Yes but this is the south. Nothing down there but a bunch of drunks. ;)

9pAUhkb.gif

Indecisi0n

Snitches get stitches