UPS investigates 'racy' photo taken in a package car

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
They'd probably make the hospital transport time count as part of your lunch hour!! Obviously, he gave her...a ride...lol. But what if the package car was never in motion (engine running) during the time she was in it? Just curious.....

Transporting unauthorized passengers is a cardinal sin infraction: Do not pass GO. Do Not Collect $200.

Fairly certain that contract article revolves around the massive liability issue for the company if a non-employee was in a UPS vehicle during an accident.

PT Car Washer

Transporting unauthorized passengers is a cardinal sin infraction: Do not pass GO. Do Not Collect $200.

Fairly certain that contract article revolves around the massive liability issue for the company if a non-employee was in a UPS vehicle during an accident.
I agree, transporting unauthorized passengers is a cardinal offence. Even giving UPS employee's a ride to the parking or into the building is not allowed.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't get it. What harm is knocking off a quick piece in the back of a UPS truck? Its been done thousands of times. I belong to that club myself. You can't tell me the suit and tie crowd have never bent some new secretary over their desk up in the Ivory Tower. (then again up in the Ivory Tower it was probably man on man)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I don't get it. What harm is knocking off a quick piece in the back of a UPS truck? Its been done thousands of times. I belong to that club myself. You can't tell me the suit and tie crowd have never bent some new secretary over their desk up in the Ivory Tower. (then again up in the Ivory Tower it was probably man on man)

These are different times -- every dork with a camera phone knows how to snap a photo/video and upload it to Facebook/Youtube. Plus most major corporations are run by a bunch of ****ing Puritans. This is a way cooler "scandal" that someone videotaping a driver chucking boxes into a truck on the street (think Federal Express a few months ago).

:knockedout:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is under the Central Region, which I'm assuming Oklahoma City falls under ("the carrying of unauthorized passengers while on the job") within Article 17.
I know someone who struck a pedestrian, then carried them to where they were going. mgmt found out, employee retained job.. "cardinal"?

Sorry, but union politics don't influence my posts.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I know someone who struck a pedestrian, then carried them to where they were going. mgmt found out, employee retained job.. "cardinal"?

Sorry, but union politics don't influence my posts.

If it's an act done in good faith, ie. transporting an injured person to the hospital, then the company will rarely pursue termination.

If it's a blatant violation, ie. giving your wife a ride to the store in your package car, then they'll throw the book at you.

This has nothing to do with "union politics." This has everything to do with "reading comprehension."

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it's an act done in good faith, ie. transporting an injured person to the hospital, then the company will rarely pursue termination.

If it's a blatant violation, ie. giving your wife a ride to the store in your package car, then they'll throw the book at you.

This has nothing to do with "union politics." This has everything to do with "reading comprehension."
Struck and carried to destination out of guilt, not to ER or any hospital.

Observation post, nothing more or less. I'm sure a few valid grievances were traded away.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know of a mgmt person ( lol ) that has been caught, (at least we know of) three times doing such acts. The third time was a transfer. Second and first ,apparently a demotion. Only the dirties can account for how many times this man has followed through with the antics.

Either way, no self-control or ethics. Scary company and people we (I) work for.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I agree....it's not that big of a deal. The guy made a dumb choice...the chick screwed him....literally and figuratively because she just HAD to post it on the internet....lol. I feel kinda bad for the driver....just sayin lol

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPS has only 10 days to investigate and charge "someone" after that, who cares, UPS cant do anything about it even if the driver admitted to it. 10 days. They can call vice, the FBI and anyone else they want. 10 days and the case is closed.

This is the biggest Non story for UPS.

They know this occurs in every hub, in every district, in every state, EVERYDAY.

They will be able to prove nothing. NO witnesses and nothing in the package car to to identify a driver. There is no proof of time of day, location or driver. The woman isnt obligated to name anyone, she doesnt work for UPS and she committed no crime.

Yes, we can all assume she is a prostitute, but there is NO proof of a transaction, therefore, there is no crime.

Is she naked in the back of a package car? Sure, but who is to say the division manager didnt take a package car out to grab lunch and found a little sumthin sumthin on the side of the road?

This is all for nothing.

Kudos to the driver for making his last stop the best stop of the day!

TOS.

rushfan

Happens here once in a while...hourly on mgmt, mgmt on hourly...onroute...even in the bathroom. they no longer work here